mardi 12 février 2013

Guignol, puppet theater.

Punch and judy. This is the original head of "the gendarme " in french punch and judy.This was ceated in 1808 in Lyon, France.
this head is in clay and is very typical.
some wooden puppets
typical french old man with his "béret"
and the theater i would like to transform.
do you remember this soft toy? when i got it, it had a terrible smell of tobacco. To get rid of it, i cleaned it with bicarbonate of soda. Now it is clean and does not smell anymore of tobacco. You can easily use this on soft toys.This was my idea of the day.

10 commentaires:

polkadotpeticoat a dit…

I love your puppets...and what a great idea with the cleaning...I will try this! Heidi

Leslie a dit…

I love all of your puppets! I am glad that your cute elephant cleaned up. Have a great night.

*Maristella* a dit…

Hi Catherine.
Oggi è l'ultimo giorno di carnevale...e poi ritornerà tutto alla normalità. Qui sono due giorni che nevica!
Un abbraccio, *Maristella*.

Alessandra a dit…

I ,love your puppets. I' m happy for your sweet elephant...cleaned up is better.
Kisses
Alessandra

Draffin Bears a dit…

Hi Catherine,

Your old puppets are lovely.
I remember years ago watching a Punch and Judy show and loved it.
Good that your removed the tobacco smell and bicarbonate of soda is great for cleaning.

Happy week
hugs
Carolyn

Sylvia a dit…

Lovely puppets, Catherine !
And what a cute elephant you've found !
Thanks for the tip to remove tobacco smell.
Happy Valentine's tomorrow,
Sylvia

Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
blackenpot a dit…

Your puppets are very nice indeed, and I shall keep in mind the good idea of using bicarbonate soda.

Thank you for sharing

Anonyme a dit…

You ought to take part in a contest for one of the best sites on the internet.
I most certainly will highly recommend this website!

Take a look at my web site - cleaning service
Also see my web site :: http://mysweetvillage.com/