samedi 31 mars 2012

What about Honfleur?

I will take you to places on the french Normand coast i like to go! First " Honfleur". Do you know Eugène Boudin?  I love his paintings on Normandy skies and sea. Don't forget to have a look at the E.BOUDIN museum in Honfleur! and at the buterfly farm! ( close to the lighthouse)




Have a scone at "La petite Chine", this is "the" place i use to go for many years!
On your way, have a look at the beautiful " St Catherine" church.
Then go through the narrow streets and look at the "Galleries"
If you are fond of E.SATIE 's music, there is a little museum.
Look at all the detail  and architecture...
What to bring home! calvados, cider, confiture de lait, cheeses, apple sweets, bols, ceramics... Hope you enjoy the tour. If you go to Honfleur, have a nice stay!

8 commentaires:

Cape Cod Washashore a dit…

Oh my goodness, Catherine! How BEAUTIFUL! I love the architecture. The cobble-stoned streets remind me of the old sections of Boston along the Freedom Trail. Those leaded windows and fabulous cedar roof shingles are wonderful. What a stunning place to call home!

Kom Achterom a dit…

OOh catherine wat a PLACE!! ooh nice nice nice!!
happy weekend
Yolanda

Sylvia a dit…

What a beautiful place, Catherine, Honfleur looks so lovely !
Thanks for guiding !
Nice weekend,
Sylvia

Grandma Barb's This and That a dit…

Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing the tour

Judy at GoldCountryCottage a dit…

Catherine: What a beautiful trip you have taken us on. The architecture is fabulous and those butterflies are gorgeous. Thank you for taking us to Honfleur..Happy Weekend..Judy

Linda Carswell a dit…

I have been to Honfleur....just a quick trip, sadly only one night. But I so love this beautiful town, I really hope to return there one day!!

Bleudelavande a dit…

Woooowwww it was just amazing have a walk in this post!!!!!! That place is just magical!!!!!
I wish you Happy Easter.
Hugs Catherine

Heidi a dit…

Thank you so much Catherine for bringing us with you into this beautiful tour!
I love see these wonderful places through your eyes!
Thank you again, I never seen Honfleur, I would like to visit it!
Hugs, Heidi