jeudi 9 février 2012

"le petit monde de Catherine"

Another room i like to stay in is the lounge.
The weather being quite dark here and the Normand houses too, i chose white furniture or painted the one i had in light colours.
my typical normand wardrobe, which was unusual when i painted it and my friends thought i was crazy! but now fashionable!
you can see the details better. Before it was brown and shiny (because i like the smell of wax and cleaned it very often) i had to take all the wax out before painting and i really  had to work hard!

My father made it for me.
little trasures ! i found these little houses from Netherlands for my collection.
a doll tea set
the chicken wire bird crown i made.
A painted wooden box i found two weeks ago, quite old and keep my crochet in it.
nice hand painted.That's all for today! as my son named my blog "Le monde de catherine" this is my little world "mon petit monde" where i like to be!

12 commentaires:

Marie-Ange a dit…

Ton univers m'enchante ...
Bisous de belle journée
Marie-Ange

@nne a dit…

une belle découverte! bises, @nne

love lives in the kitchen a dit…

i love your house catherine! just adorable!

Liz a dit…

Your home is beautiful!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

It's me a dit…

What a beautiful home you have !!....love Ria...xxx...

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Catherine I love how your room as brightened up since you painted the cupboards...what a difference it has made! Your home looks very warm and cozy but yet not gloomy and dark I LOVE your beams in the ceiling. Your father was a very talented man...the cupboard he made is gorgeous. You must be creative like him...love the little bird with the crown that you made :) I hope the rest of your week goes well. Hugs my friend.
Maura :)

Laurence Decay a dit…

Tout ceci est bien charmant, j'aime beaucoup le petit tableau "poules" notamment.

Ann@A Sentimental Life a dit…

I don't blame you I would want to hang out there too. love your chicken painting!

Heather a dit…

No wonder you like to be in this room...it's beautiful!

Lorraine a dit…

Your house is like a beautiful dream world !!!!! EVERYTHING is so beautiful. I especially adore the rose fabric on the sofa and arm chair.
Love, Lorraine

*Maristella* a dit…

Mamma mia, che meravigliose cose ed immagini!! La tua casa è un luogo magico!
Un abbraccio, *Maristella*.

christine a dit…

i love the glass cupboard. so lovely!