vendredi 27 janvier 2012

Where does this angel come from?

When i was treasure hunting last week, i found this strange little box. It was hidden behind some copper and pewter. I found this box rather old, but don't know it's age? i am looking for some information about it. It is written fine pewter underneath and has a rose drawing? I just find what it was, a salt box from the begining of the 20th century!
It looks rather old. Have you any idea? The box has a lid.
Now, do you know the pottery from Alsace (east of France)? this is a little one.
This is another one.
Now this toy! an antique iron!
I found it in a toy show, last week end.I wish you a lovely weekend!

10 commentaires:

polkadotpeticoat a dit…

Wow you found some incredible treasures I love the angel....all of it! the covered pot is so pretty!
Have a wonderful weekend Catherine.....

Lynne a dit…

I wonder if it is a cremation urn?

Madelief a dit…

Hi Catherine,

You always find the most interesting things. Especially your first find looks odd. I hope you hear what it is from one of your followers!

Happy weekend!

Madelief x

MommaMindy a dit…

I love seeing the beautiful things you find because they are so different from the things I find in my little corner of the world. I hope you find an answer about your angel, it looks so special.

@nne a dit…

Aucune idée, mais une belle trouvaille! bises, @nne

Cape Cod Washashore a dit…

You do find the most fabulous treasures! I love your salt box!

Claudine brodeuse de perles a dit…

Toujours des merveilles à voir ! Bisous

Red Rose Alley a dit…

You have found some wonderful items. I love the pottery from France. The angel is so unique.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

love lives in the kitchen a dit…

beautiful treasures catherine!
have a sweet week,
justyna

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Love the salt box...it looks much older than it really is. The pottery is gorgeous! Is that where the Quimper pottery is made? You must be having a lot of fun looking for treasures for your Etsy shop...it's a wonderful way to spend the day!