mercredi 9 novembre 2011

Bécassine

Today, I am going to tell you about our french " Bécassine"! In fact she is coming from Brittany ( i have nothing against our neighbours from Brittany! it is actually close to Normandy) Bécassine, was named after the word "bécasse" which is a bird (woodcock)but here it is "simpleton". I was very found of these books, because all sorts of adventures happened to her!
She was called Bécassine, because a lot of woodcocks were in the sky the day of her birth . It was not of a good omen as she is stupid!
The poeple are wearing their folkloric cortumes and wear the famous clogs. This was my favorite book during my childhood, I just found it among my children's books today.
Did you know about her? What was your favorite book?

6 commentaires:

Celestial Charms a dit…

Hi Catherine,
No, I'm afraid I never heard of her, but she seems delightful. Growing up, I was always drawn to the book "Heidi!"
Maureen

Cape Cod Washashore a dit…

That looks like a delightful book! Your doll is very sweet. I fondly remember a "Rupert the Bear" book my father brought home for me from Quebec when I was six. Rupert was a comic strip series in a Canadian newspaper, and they bound some of his sweetest tales into a book. The illustrations were charming.

Sylvia a dit…

Looks like a wonderful book, Catherine, so nice you've found this again !
I loved to read when I was a child, I really liked fairytales and the strips of Jommeke :-)
Hugs,
Sylvia

La Vie Quotidienne a dit…

These look like very cute stories. And she is an adorable doll. I loved to read as a child and liked a variety of books...as I still do.

Lorraine a dit…

This is very cute! I love the folk dress and the clogs.
Is that you own doll??
Love,
Lorraine

Anonyme a dit…

C'est tès amusant de voir comme nous avons des goûts communs,car je suis une fan de Bécassine et j'ai la chance d'avoir quelques jolis exemplaires d'époque(un peu usagés!)
amitiées