mardi 13 septembre 2011

Purple rose of my garden! my garden is in a terrible mess, weeds eveywhere, but i have still this wonderful rose i bought this year.
Today, I went to see my friends at the nursing home and I have learned how to make crochet flowers. I will show you when I have finished. I am soon going to buy a book called:"100 knitted and crocheted flowers"(100 fleurs au tricot et crochet" de Lesley Stanfield. I will go back tomorow to learn more, bring them a cake , chat and have a drink of coffee together. It takes the illness and sadness away for a precious time.
See you soon !

16 commentaires:

polkadotpeticoat a dit…

I have never seen a purple rose before, they are lovely...I can't wait to see the book!

Claudine brodeuse de perles a dit…

Qu'est-ce qu"elles sont belles, tes roses ! Et puis j'ai compris que tu avais appris à faire des fleurs au crochet avec tes amies ? Aux aiguilles, je ne sais pas, mais si tu vas au bout d'une au crochet, je crois sincèrement qu'ensuite, tu peux toutes les faire. Et quelle plaisir ! Très bonne soirée, Catherine

Celestial Charms a dit…

Beautiful purple roses. I've never seen that shade of color before either. Lovely!
Maureen

Gilda - Sweet sweet home a dit…

Félicitations pour vos roses ont une belle couleur! Je suis curieux de voir votre crochet. Une étreinte et à bientôt.Gilda

Rosetta a dit…

Bellissima la rosa di questo colore!Una buona serata,Rosetta

It's me a dit…

Beautiful purple roses darling !!....love from me....xxx...

helena frontini a dit…

Une couleur si belle!!!
fantastique.
Bisous.

helena frontini a dit…

Une couleur si belle!!!
fantastique.
Bisous.

Lorraine a dit…

How beautiful is the purple rose, and how kind you are to remember those people in the nursing home.
Love,
Lorraine

*Maristella* a dit…

Hi Catherine. Ma che meraviglia questa rosa lilla-viola, è un sogno!! ;o))
Un caro saluto, *Maristella*.

@nne a dit…

belle couleur! à bientôt, @nne

het tuinengeltje a dit…

What a beautifull purple colour.

Au revoir, Sylvia

Painting by Louise, Maison Louise, NieuwGroenLeven. a dit…

The Purple rose is so beautiful!

Greatins Louise

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Your purple rose is gorgeous Catherine...and your rose bushes look so healthy. I'm very fortunate that I was able to keep our bushes alive with this drought..hopefully next year they will do better..if they survive until then! I'm looking forward to seeing your crochet flowers..what a wonderful way to pass the time and make some people happy.
Maura :)

Flat Creek Farm a dit…

The purple rose is exquisite.. love it! I've seen some lovely crochet flowers lately, and made me want to get back to crocheting (although I was only just 'beginner' level several years ago). How nice to visit your friends at the nursing home. I truly need to do that more often. Blesses them.. and blesses me too :) have a lovely remainder of the week, Catherine.
-Tammy

flowersandhome a dit…

I LOVE this rose and its colour! Do you know its name? I intend to start with some roses in my garden next spring(I have no roses so far)
Bye,
Marian