mercredi 28 septembre 2011

I used to have hens in my garden and i loved to fetch the eggs.  It's nice to have fresh eggs to cook with and know what your hens are eating! I would love to have a hen house safer enough against foxes as we live on the forest border; I found some nice ones, but not safe enough i am afraid.
That one is better
I had some of these funy ones
It is time to collect the apples to make cider , here in Normandy
I just heard a recipe on the radio this morning "chicken with cider" i must try and give you the recipe. I love sweet cider, apple juice and apple jelly. We will soon have the apple festivals here and i am  going to get cider... for the winter! Do you like apples and cider? i forgot , I love apple pies and crumbles!

20 commentaires:

Marie-Ange a dit…

M'asseoir autour de cette table de campagne pour y déguster une part de tarte aux pommes, quel joli rêve !
Bisous de douce soirée
Marie-Ange

The Time Sculptor a dit…

What a delicious post! The cutest hen houses ever, and lovely apple images! We have eating apples and baking, and are giving away far more than we can eat :-) Thanks for sharing.
Jane Gray

Bleudelavande a dit…

Oooo such lovely post! You are lucky to have hen in your garden!!!!
I would like but my garden is so so little!!!!
I can't wait the recipe of cider!!!Tank you for passing and leaving your lovely comment!
Warm Hugs

Sherri B. a dit…

I love our chickens and you're right, it is so nice to know what they eat...lovely photos.

Giovanna&Roberta a dit…

Hi!
Let's join our GIVEAWAY, you can win one of our handmade Dolls!
Check out this link:
http://cromanticamente.blogspot.com/2011/08/lets-celebrate-their-first-b-day-lets.html
Stay handmade with Cromanticamente!
Roberta&Giovanna

desde my ventana a dit…

Love this post, so lovely Catherine.

Hugs

Cecilia

Diane a dit…

I love the first hen house, Catherine! So cute!

Hugs, Diane

Heather a dit…

Someday I would love to have chickens too. I love the first house that you posted. So very cute!

June a dit…

I do love apple cider Catherine. I could eat apple pie all day long if I could get away with it. Warm, with vanilla ice cream!

We have fox here too and our chickens have to be shut up at night to keep them safe. During the day, our little dog makes sure they stay away.
I loved the henhouses!!
hugs from here...

Hausfrau a dit…

Such wonderful hen houses! We would need a fox-safe one, too. I will have chickens someday...

Yes, I love everything apple-related in the autumn--especially apple pie and spiced apple cider. Too bad our apple tree isn't producing much this year, but we have a nice apple festival here, where we can buy various apple varieties for a good price.

Lorraine a dit…

The little hen houses remind me of the photos I've seen of the Petit Hameau de la Reine.
We have a lot of apple farms here in New York state also.
Love,
Lorraine

Lynne a dit…

I love your posts. Simply delightful. Apples and chicken sounds good. I can't wait to see the recipe.
Love, Lynne

Nezzy a dit…

Geek Sons and his wife The Latin Lovin' Hillbilly have abundant apple trees in their back yard. We love 'em!

The chicken recipe sounds interestin'...share please???

I adored the sweet pics of your chicks!

God bless ya and have a terrific Thursday sweetie!!!

Kom Achterom a dit…

hihihi nice the chickenhouse!!
i love apples but i don't like cider.
apple pies i love the better hihiih
happy week
Yolanda

Curtains In My Tree a dit…

Yes the chickens need a safe house from the old fox in the woods

I think chickens lokk so good around any old farm house and like you said you know what hey are eating

Janice

polkadotpeticoat a dit…

I love that blue chicken coop...they scare me though!

Celestial Charms a dit…

I do love apples, cider, apple pie, and other apple recipes. Looking forward for you to post the cider and chicken recipe. And looking forward for you to hopefully post from photos from any apple festivals! :)
Maureen

Celestial Charms a dit…

I do love apples, cider, apple pie, and other apple recipes. Looking forward for you to post the cider and chicken recipe. And looking forward for you to hopefully post from photos from any apple festivals! :)
Maureen

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

I love chickens and all things 'apple'! I hope that recipe turns out well so you can share it with us. I have a wonderful recipe for pork with cider...oh goodness it is delicious and tender. I'll have to make it one day and share the recipe too. I love those chicken coops especially the barrel...how different! I hope you're able to have chickens again one day.
Maura :)

Becca a dit…

I love seeing photos of the hen houses! Also, I love apple cider and make it every year when it gets cooler here. I love apple pie too! That photo of all those apples is amazing! Thank you for sharing. :-)