vendredi 8 avril 2011

When i was young ( a few years  ago!!!) i used to collect dolls. This i one is a typical Normand doll
An old celluloïd doll, I like it's painted face.
This one is from Brittany


They both have their clogs on!
This one is from the Alpes,from Savoie. This is the costume, a chimney sweeper!
Strange isn't it?
This one can close his eyes, so he is sleeping! sorry!
These three of course are from Great Britain! Today it was men and next time some women.
This is a bed warmer copper toy
and some saucepans ( sorry, i had to polish them!)
and a little jug.
 I hope you will enjoy these pictures and have a sunny day! Here it's nearly summer (for the moment!)

11 commentaires:

Rita a dit…

You have lovly dolls in your corner; have not seen this kind since I was a child,
Rita

Pétales de fées a dit…

Quelle collection fabuleuse ! J'aime beaucoup les premiers avec leur visage lisse. Il faut absolument les conserver car ils sont vraiment précieux et peuvent traverser les époques !
Je t'embrasse et te remercie pour tout ! ;-)
A dans quinze jours !

*Maristella* a dit…

Hi Catherine...wonderful! Bellissime bambole...mi fanno tornare bambina!
Un caro saluto, *Maristella*.

Madelief a dit…

Dear Catherine,

I used to collect these dolls too when I was younger, but gave them away in my teens.

Your dolls look pretty!

Happy weekend & lieve groet,

Madelief x

Heidi a dit…

These are wonderful and I loved your pots in the previous post too they are lovely!

Heidi a dit…

These are wonderful and I loved your pots in the previous post too they are lovely!

Heather a dit…

What precious little dolls. I remember collecting dolls from around the world when I was a little girl too.

Patty a dit…

Catherine, I love the dolls! I have a small collection of them from my time in Europe as a child. I am so excited that you have an Etsy store!!! I LOVE your coffee pot and milk jug in the previous post. I have tried to enter your etsy store but have had no luck!!! I hope you can add a link to enter it that works soon!! Patty :)

Life In a Little House a dit…

Guess what that doll in the kilt I had that one too!!! Did it come in a round like plastic tube do you remember? I no longer have mine. I love your dolls thank you for sharing Love Heather

La Vie Quotidienne a dit…

What a nice doll collection, you are lucky that you kept them all. Very cute!

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

You have quite the collection of dolls Catherine...and I know this isn't all of them! I love the clogs and the costumes of the different regions...very nice.
Maura :)