mercredi 13 avril 2011

 Today,I have a scented candle burning like everyday.I love to have nice scent in a house. My candle is Violet for spring, but in winter i love cinamon, apple ...I also love the smell of lavender "Savon de Marseille" lavender soap.I keep some in the house to give some nice perfume to the linens.
 In the kitchen the odour of spices, hot chocolate

The dishes that simmer 
The perfume of roses
The grass that has just been cut


Old books
Do you use perfume in your house?   I planted honeysuckle in my garden ,jasmine...to have a perfumed garden too! I hope you had a fragrant day!

16 commentaires:

Julie Harward a dit…

Oh, my head is spinning with all these scents..they are all my favorites too. I love to always have my home smelling good to. I have taken to wearing essential oils for perfume..so warm and so nice! ;D

Heather a dit…

Living in an old house with two smelly dogs, I am always trying to find ways to make my house smell good. Your scents sound so wonderful!

Blue Cottage a dit…

I like lavender and savon de Marseille in Spring/Summer.
Cinnamon and applepie in Autum/Winter.
And in my garden I have a honeysuckle en lots of lavender.
My perfum I use; Eternity- Calvin Klein in Autum/Winter and Envy- Gucci in Spring/Summer.
A nice perfumed house I have :)

Regards Cobi

Rita a dit…

I used to always have vanilla candle burning; then I bought a Lampe Berger and that is what makes my house smell clean and nice. J'aime tes savons de Marseilles.
Rita

Squirrelhaus a dit…

I love the wonderful french soaps!!! I'm always buying the sage and lavender scents! One bar of soap makes the bathroom smell wonderful!!! My favorite scent is when I hang out the bedding then bring it in later in the day.....oh so fresh!!!
Have a great day!
Chris :o)

Madelief a dit…

Dear Catherine,

Lovely pictures! When the room smells too much of food, I now and then use rose scented roomspray or I heat a little bit of scented oil. It really helps.

Like you I also put soap & lavender satchels in between my linnen! However, the best smell is the smell of fresh laundry when it has been hanging outside all day to dry!

Happy evening & lieve groet,

Madelief x

Scrappy Grams a dit…

I love the sound of your word for soap! I know I'm silly, but some words make me tingle with satisfaction. :)
On scents, I usually have a candle on a warmer- gingerbread cookie or hazelnut creme. But my lovely sister-in-law got me a Wallflower plug-in as a gift. So I have vanilla sugar freshening my living room. ~sigh~
BTW I love the music playlist you have. So relaxing!

laura a dit…

Dear Catherine, I am so sorry I lost your birthday, so, very very late, happy birthday, I hope you had a nice day!

I also like scented candles, the same perfume that you use, and lavender soaps in the linen, once I buyed a perfume with cinnamon and apples for the linen, and it was so good too!

Have a nice evening, and please excuse my late...

Kisses!

Heidi

Heidi a dit…

Ops, I am sorry, once again I changed my account and forget to use my usual one....
Laura is always me, Heidi, sorry!

It's me a dit…

No parfume in home here...i am allergic for....great pictures!!..have a nice day tomorrow...love love Ria...xxx

Soňa a dit…

Dear Catherine,

Beautiful pictures, everything is absolutely perfect. Also, I love the beautiful scent of lavender ...

... Variety of candles and soap to wash.

Have a lot of beautiful and fragrant days.

Soňa

Life In a Little House a dit…

That sounds wonderful I use a scented wax that you melt in a tart burner. The smell is called Creme Brulee it is a vanilla cookie kind of smell. But one of my favorites. It makes the house smell like I have been baking...pretty pictures thanks for sharing Have a wonderful week Love Heather

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Hello Catherine!
OH goodness you brought back some very happy memories for me about my Nana. I once bought her Yardley's Violet soap and powder for Mother's Day...I can still smell it when I close my eyes and think of that day. Yes I have scented candles in my home... cappuccino in the kitchen and Lavender soap in my lingerie drawer. I love a pretty scent in a home too. I mowed the lawn yesterday! We're going through a drought so things aren't growing very fast but I know once the rains start I will be trying to catch up. Enjoy the rest of your week!
Maura :)

Marie-Ange a dit…

J'aime beaucoup cette page parfumée de rêve et de beauté !
Ah la lavande, le savon de Marseille, parfums tant aimés d'une une fille du Sud !
Mais j'aime aussi comme toi l'herbe qui vient d'être coupée, les roses anciennes et odorantes et tant de choses encore !
Tu me donnes l'idée d'un billet à venir, que je vais avoir plaisir à composer !
Bisous
Marie-Ange

Heidi a dit…

I have signed you up for my giveaway I have had a few others write me also....I wonder whats up with that?
Love your home and I imagine it smelling now so incredible on top of its beauty!
I think my house smells like grandma's.

Anonyme a dit…

I am not sure where you are getting your info, but great topic.
I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.

Thanks for wonderful information I was looking for this information
for my mission.

Here is my weblog http://slc-wireless.com