lundi 28 mars 2011

Yesterday's finds

Yesterday's finds! Two week ago, I saw this typewritter  and i  am really happy to have got it. Don't look at the dust! i did not take time to clean it before taking the picture.
It is a rather small one . I feel as if i was a  detective  in  Aghata Christie's novels , Miss Marple!!!
I red most of her detective stories and got all the films with Miss Marple but also the famous Hercule poirot!
I also found this little wooden toys
A vintage shawl on the market
two weeks ago, i found the tea pot, mug which goes with my cake stand and I saw the cups and saucers.
This shop is quite an affordable one and i am glad i found it.Next time I will look for old (affordable) vintage jewellery.

11 commentaires:

Marie-Ange a dit…

Tu ne le croiras pas ... mais j'ai appris à taper sur une machine qui ressemble à la tienne !
C'était au milieu des années 60 ... c'était hier, si près, si loin !!!
Belle semaine
Marie-Ange

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Hello Catherine! I'm sorry it's been so long since I've visited your blog...we're still working hard on the bathroom and the house is a disaster! I LOVE all the treasures you found...I used to have a typewriter similar to yours only mine was a bit taller. I love how they look and yours is beautiful! Those wooden toys are so cute...they suit your home and the teapot and accessories is beautiful! I love the old fashioned roses...they look like David Austin roses. That shop you discovered sounds like a place I'd love too..wish we had something like that here. I hope you are having a nice sunny day...we have freezing drizzle today and snow predicted for tomorrow...I guess spring isn't quite here yet. I just hope the cold doesn't kill my lilac buds :(
Take care my friend.
Maura :)

Pétales de fées a dit…

Hello Catherine ! Jolie machine à écrire et petits jouets en bois, mais je craque complètement pour ta théière et les mugs... est-ce que ... si j'osais...tu ne pourrais pas te charger de faire une course ou deux pour moi dans cette boutique ? Je paierai les frais de port et tout.... contacte-moi si tu penses que c'est possible !
Un gros bisou !
PS : Es-tu bien remise de ta chute dans l'escalier ?

Heidi a dit…

Wow so jealous....these were amazing finds ...Love the typewriter!

Kom Achterom a dit…

ooh nice nice What a beautiful typewrither!! The roses on the tea pot is wunderful!
Happy week
Yolanda

La Vie Quotidienne a dit…

What super finds...the typewriter is great and you are right it looks very much like something a famous author would have used. Have a great day!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) a dit…

Hi Catherine,
Wow love all your great finds! They are all so beautiful. I also loved the photos of the Antique shop. What a great place to visit. :)
Hugs

Heather a dit…

You found some wonderful things! I especially like your cute typewriter!

JaninaCakes a dit…

Oh my goodness. I just recently purchased a 1930's Royal typewriter myself. I can't wait to have it in my possession. Congratulations to you on yours. :) <3, new follower

Heidi a dit…

I love your tea set with the roses, is beautiful!
And I like your typewriter, would you like to write a book like Agathe Christie?
I love her books too, Miss Marple is one of my favourite personage!
Hugs to you!
Heidi

Squirrelhaus a dit…

Love your blog...I have added you to my list. I have been looking for a typewritter..really takes you back to simpler times. They have so many great uses.
Chris :o)