samedi 5 mars 2011

Today's finds in the garage sale!

I am just coming back from the garage sale! I found a whole ancient coffee set, I love the colour, a pearly pale blue.
I think it dates back to the 50's, not quite sure.
an old confirmation coffee cup( if i have a look at the dress, must be around50's
another one
A whole set of bone china, about "Molière's plays" the play's title are different on the cups and saucers. I have never seen that before and it was made by the natonal company of bone china.
I think they are valuable because I have the whole set.
This one is "Monsieur de pourceaugnac"
"les femmes savantes"
"L'amour médecin"
" Le tartuffe"
"Les fourberies de Scapin"
These are not valuable, but i like "Millet".This one is from Austria


And that one from Germany
This old little chair
And look at that... these vintage magazines dating back to the 50's
I LOVE that dress!
I am glad i woke up early, it was freezing cold, but i was there before the antique dealers. Well now i must clean all of these and find room! Have a nice day.

13 commentaires:

Jackie a dit…

Wow Catherine, what great buys. Love all the magazines and they look in pristine condition.
I particularly like the cup and saucer from Germany, I wouldn't want to drink from it but have it on display, the colours look stunning.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, I am sure you will spend some of it reading your vintage magazines. Jackie in Surrey, UK.

La Maison en Wonderboom a dit…

I'm flabbergasted what you have found on that garage sale.
Beautiful things and they all are very desirable.
Enjoy your purchases and have a nice weekend.

Hermine

La Vie Quotidienne a dit…

You found some amazing things! How wonderful. I am a bit envious.(-: I love that dress too.

Heather a dit…

I've been anxious to see what you got a the garage sale! What beautiful things!

Patty a dit…

Catherine, You did so well at the sale! I love the coffee service in blue! I think those might be from the 40's...very popular. I once had a tea service in a pearly green with black trim. I love the shape of your cups better. The magazines are really great! It is fun to see fashions from that time.

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Oh Wow Catherine you found some WONDERFUL treasures at the garage sale! Those dishes are beautiful and I love the magazines! I also noticed how green and lush your lawn is...ours is still mostly brown but here and there you can see a little green starting. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Maura :)

september cottage a dit…

Hi Catherine,

you did very well!!!!!! Getting up early was WELL worth it!!!

Enjoy all your new treasures!!!


nicola x

Heidi a dit…

Yes Catherine, you woke up very early, but you buyed lots of treasures!
I love too the blue cup from Germany, beautiful, and beautiful color!
Have a nice week end!
Heidi

Suz a dit…

Those are amazing finds. I am from Minnesota in the USA (very cold) and am throughly enjoying your blog. I have been blog-hopping tonight! Your tags on the next post are just stunning!
I'll stop by again!
Fondly,
Suz

le ciel flamand a dit…

What a wonderful findings! I just love the 'Molières plays' bone china. You did a good job, waking up so early!

Hugs, Annelies

Madelief a dit…

Dear Catherine,

You had such lovely finds! The light blue porcelain looks very pretty and those old magazines, they must be fun leafing through!!

Happy new week & lieve groet,

Madelief

Silvia a dit…

Caterine things you bought are beautiful, and what a lovely magazines.Kiss Silvia

wuliinge a dit…

Just want to say what a great blog you got here!

nolvadex