vendredi 25 mars 2011

Old vintage dress

Last weekend, I went out to get some things i needed to do some craft and as i was going pass an antique shop,i went in to have a look. There i found some old lace, music sheets and a sort of rag i could not say what it was. Yesterday, I cleaned it and i was impatient to see what it was. It was into pieces, but this morning like an an archeologist i sewed the pieces together . The fabric is nearly falling into pieces but i made it, ironed it a little and that is what i got!!! I fall in love with this dress! I imagine the woman who wore it and i am very glad to give it a second life. I don't know  how old it is, but maybe beginning of 20thC ? have you any idea? 
I love the slelves
Here it is...
Some babric is missing
But i think it added to it's beauty
The problem is that i must protect it from the light it is so fragile. I hope you enjoyed it as i do!
Lovely spring days!
Good week end to you.

12 commentaires:

Leslie a dit…

What a beautiful dress ~ it does make you dream about who wore it and what thier life was like.
Happy Weekend!!!

cuore antico a dit…

The dress is fantastic and the tree is wonderful.
Debora

Heidi a dit…

I love this dress are you going to wear it? your blooming tree is so beautiful!

Life In a Little House a dit…

Oh wow what a beautiful treasure you have found. Amazing!!! thank you for sharing ~Love Heather

Wohnwohltaten a dit…

Dear Catherine,
the dress is a dream - wonderful!!
Have a nice weekend,
Catherin

La Vie Quotidienne a dit…

How beautiful and to think that you rescued it from being destroyed...all of that beautiful lace. Lovely.

Julie Harward a dit…

Oh, don't you just wonder about the woman that wore that once? It is such a treasure..so pretty! Thanks for your visit. :D

June a dit…

Oh my gosh...can you imagine wearing such a beautiful thing Catherine? It is gorgeous. I am so glad that you have this lovely dress now. I know it will be adored as it should be.

To answer your question about cleaning lace...I usually make a mild dishwashing solution in my kitchen sink and soak the piece for awhile. I then drain the sink and put cold water in it and soak the piece in that to get the soap out and then let the piece air dry on a clean towel. I hope this helps you.
sending hugs

Sylvia a dit…

You did a great job, Catherine, gorgeous vintage dress !
The lace is beautiful !
Lovely Spring weather here too, I did some gardening, pulling weeds.
Hugs,
Sylvia

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Oh Catherine what a wonderful surprise to find once you got it sewn together! It was like a puzzle! It is gorgeous....so fragile. How lucky you were to find it and it looks lovely on your dress form. Look at your spring flowers...I can almost smell them! I hope you get to enjoy some sunshine today. Take care and THANK YOU for showing us your treasure!
Maura :)

Anonyme a dit…

Thanks for your wonderful thoughts, insights and links! I think you did contribute to opening up the public conversation on culture. Sorry to see the site go.
Wedding Dresses
Many and profuse thanks for all you have done for us, Dear Internet Friends.Adorable! They make me smile! :DYou are indeed most super fantastic and will be missed!

Anonyme a dit…

You made some decent points there. I checked on the web to find out more
about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this web site.


Check out my blog house cleaning services phoenix