mercredi 16 mars 2011

I love lace and i have an ancient baptism dress dating back to about 150 years.I had it framed, but it was not well done, so this afternoon i am going to try to take it from the frame to show you how nice it is. I took some pictures before i take it off the frame.
It is made of headresses.
Do you see how it's horribly framed! i will have to do it myself.
(these pictures are from "bliss Victoria" and "Flea market")
I hope you enjoyed these pictures. This afternoon i am going to work on the dress in order to take good pictures and give it a good clean and ironed! see you soon.

12 commentaires:

Pétales de fées a dit…

Quel splendide travail de broderies et de dentelles ! Elle est magnifique !
Bonne journée !

Soňa a dit…

Nádhera,nádhera,nádhera!Je to okouzlující! Mám moc ráda krajky i ty staré...vše připomíná svoji věrnou dobu. Hezké dny,Soňa

Heidi a dit…

I love lace and that gown is so beautiful....just lovely!

****Nannarè**** a dit…

dentelles des dentelles rubans cuffiette nappes et vestitini d'enfant… est tout merveilleux baises
et tu complimentes
donnez
***nannnarè***

Rosanna a dit…

The batism dress is absolutely wonderful! How lucky you are to have something so ancient, full of memories. I'm very happy you passed by! It's nice to meet new friends:
Rosanna

lory a dit…

Thanks for visiting my blog and also for the compliments .... your blog is very nice hug lory

June a dit…

Oh the dress is gorgeous Catherine. It looks like it is straight out of the pages of Victoria itself! Such beautiful lace on it!
I love the images you have shown here. It strange how much pleasure I get from looking at beautiful laces and the creations made from them.
sending hugs

Emmas utsikt a dit…

What a lovely dress! I have a really nice one in the closet. My grandfather wore it back in 1897, my father, my brothers and I, some cousins and my own children of course. I will never let it go!!!

Big hug,
Emma

Marie-Ange a dit…

Magnifique robe de baptême ...
Ces petits trésors d'un temps enfui sont si émouvants ...
Bisous du soir
Marie-Ange

Life In a Little House a dit…

that is a beautiful dress I am sure you could frame it better!! How lovely all the pictures are thanks for sharing ~Love Heather

~Lavender Dreamer~ a dit…

The dress really is exquisite...and those bonnets! All so beautiful! ♥

Squirrelhaus a dit…

I love all these beautiful photos, what a wonderful dress!! It's nice to see such beautiful Irish lace, and it's not green!!
Chris :o)