jeudi 17 mars 2011

Happy St Patrick! Irish lace, Guipure d'Irlande.

Happy Saint Patrick's day!
Today, i went to have a look at my old family books and i thought it would be nice on St Patrick's day to show you more of the book about Irish Lace ,"Guipure d'Irlande".


This is wonderful work, but how complicated it must be!
I love that one, so delicate 
This shows the different steps , following the pattern.I have got all the patterns and informations (in french) if anybody is interested i can send the pattern and informations to you, just e- mail me)
It looks like a spider web to me!
Here is a pattern you have to follow. I wonder how it is possible!!! i hope you'll enjoy your day!

11 commentaires:

Marie-Ange a dit…

Passer sur ton blog est comme une bouffée d'air frais ...
Belle Saint-Patrick ...
Bisous
Marie-Ange

Rosetta a dit…

Complimenti per le belle immagini di S.Patrick,buona giornata,Rosetta

Pétales de fées a dit…

Déjà la saint Patrick... comme le temps a passé vite finalement !
Ces dentelles de col sont des merveilles de savoir-faire !
Bisous

Blue Cottage a dit…

Happy Saint Patrick's day!

I know very much about a needle and thread, but this is abra-cadabra to me ;)
But the Irish-lace looks very beautiful.
Regards Cobi

Ps... I like your music

Catherine a dit…

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you as well Catherine!

Such beautiful and intricate lace!
xo Catherine

It's me a dit…

Almost one year later we lost another good friend darling.....xxx..

Rosanna a dit…

I'm sure it is not easy to make such a delicate lace! Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you. Here, we are celebrating the 150th anniversary of the Unification of Italy.
Rosanna

~Lavender Dreamer~ a dit…

Very beautiful...so many talented ladies all through the years have worked on this art! Lovely! ♥

MARCI a dit…

bellissimo blog,favolose immagini
baci

Heidi a dit…

So Beautiful...It amazes me the patience someone would have to do this by hand....I'm glad there were so we could enjoy this form of art!

Natasha a dit…

A belated Happy St Patrick's day to you too, Catherine! I hope you had a fun day.

Best wishes,
Natasha.