jeudi 17 février 2011

We have sun this morning, but for how long? it has been very damp and grey weather those days and it's nice to open the windows and see the sun!
I am waiting to have lunch outside and go back to visit Monet's garden at Giverny!
This was last year's pictures...
What a perfect flower!
I love Peonees
The  best time to visit the garden probably is in summer at the end of a hot day to get all the perfumes.

" Une allée du jardin" Monet ,Giverny (1902)
The artist 's garden(1900)
"La tonnelle de lilas" (1872-1873) Monet
I tried to capture some nice reflexions
" Nymphéas" Monet (1903)
The Japanese bridge and the wisterias
This is the peonees i got in my garden!
Walk around the village
they are my pictures and some taken from "Les Impressionnistes et leurs jardins" Flammarion and "L'Impressionnisme" parkstone international , Focus.
I hope you enjoyed the visit, waiting for spring and summer and SUN!!!

18 commentaires:

Rita a dit…

Thank you for bringing us a taste of Spring. What beautiful gardens you have in your corner of the world. You know we are still deep in snow.
Rita

Sunnybec a dit…

Hi Catherine, it's sunny here today too! How long is it going to last do you thing. I am so looking forward to the summer this year. Thanks for the trip around the gardens. Linda

It's me a dit…

Hello darling....it is always a pleasure to come her....yes i am also waiting for spring !!.....lovely garden pictures!!! lovely day.....love Ria....

Heidi a dit…

Rainy day again here...
But I loved so much your beautiful summer and spring pictures, I love Monet too, expecially the poppies!
Thank you for the "virtual tour"!
Heidi

La Vie Quotidienne a dit…

Beautiful, beautiful I love Monet's garden...along with Sissingherst they are my two favorites. Have a sunny day.(-:

Celestial Charms a dit…

Hi Catherine,
What beautiful photos. I'm so in the mood for Spring now. I can almost smell the flowers!
Maureen

loveandlilac.blogspot.com a dit…

Lovely photos of Monets garden. After a morning viewing his Water Lillies in Paris I spent an afternoon at Giverny many years ago and it was one of the most perfect days ever. Louise x

Life In a Little House a dit…

Oh enjoy your sunshine...And wow that garden is amazing If that was near where we lived I would be in big trouble I would not come home hehehe I would stay there lol!! Thanks for sharing the flowers are beautiful :)~Love Heather

Beth a dit…

Oh ... what wonderful photos! I've never been to Giverny, but I would love to visit! It looks like a slice of heaven.

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

I needed this little breath of spring Catherine. Such a beautiful place to visit. I hope next time I visit my sister that she will take me over to France to visit Monet's garden. If she does...I will send you an email and maybe you could meet us there! It is a BEAUTIFUL warm day here and will soon be reaching +25C this afternoon...I love it! I hope your day has been nice and sunny and warm. We all need spring badly. Take care my friend.
Maura :)

Eva a dit…

I will love to walk (a promenade) for this garden!!
Here is raining a lot!! I miss the sun...

~*~ saskia ~*~ a dit…

You make me crave Spring, Catherine. I cannot wait to see the flowers bloom again!
Have a lovely evening xxx

Mimi and Tilly a dit…

Those pictures are so restful. I love summer and spring when the gardens wake up and everything looks so full of bloom. I can't wait either! Hugs, Em x

Sylvia a dit…

Oh Catherine, seeing these lovely pictures ... they make me look forward to Spring and Summer !
We had some sunny days here, but it's cold.
Hugs,
Sylvia

Pamela a dit…

beautiful photos!!

ohiofarmgirl a dit…

What beautiful pictures. I was just telling my daughter that I dislike spring because of the mud but I have forgotten about the flowers!!
We are still trying to get rid of all the ice...I am praying for better weather. Dianntha

Heather a dit…

Monet's garden is absolutely beautiful! Your polka dot tablecloth also caught my eye!

****Nannarè**** a dit…

BELLES BELLES TES PHOTOS… J'AIME TRES BEAUCOUP DE MONET ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
ET LE CHAMP AVEC LES PAVOTS EST TRES BEAU SEMBLE UN CADRE DE MONET….AH ! ! ! ! QUE NOSTALGIE DE PARIS ! ! ! ! !
SALUT

NANNARè