lundi 28 février 2011

Hello friends!  after three  long weeks with flu , I am improving and yesterday hubby  and I went to the sea side, of course it was not very warm , but it was a nice day without rain. I could breathe some fresh air and it was windy! I may go there for a week end in a spa to have a rest. ( it would be nice!!!)
A small decoration shop was open and i found this nice cake stand coming from across the Chanel! i  have been looking for one, but this one is the perfect one.
We went in a "salon de thé" tea room decorated "Art nouveau"
We had a nice walk along the sea
This is the ferry coming from Newhaven
A harbour close to Dieppe
Now  a new week is starting and I hope it will be a good one for you.

14 commentaires:

Gilda a dit…

Je suis sûr que vous avez passé une bonne w.e.. Je sais très bien la Normandie, j'ai passé de nombreuses vacances, j'ai profité du spa est Bagnoles de l'Orne. J'aime la France et souhaitez visiter l'été prochain en Provence, je voudrais acheter quelques meubles et minable Je pense que la Provence est le meilleur endroit. Pourriez-vous me recommander quelques bons magasins ou au marché où vous pouvez acheter? Un gros bisou Gilda

Pétales de fées a dit…

Heureuse que tu ailles mieux ! Tu as pu profiter du grand air et de l'espace !
Je suis folle de ton plat à gâteaux ! J'aimerais avoir le même ! Chez moi il n'y a pas ce genre d'articles hélas !
Bisous et bonne journée à toi !

Lara a dit…

I love your cakestand!!!

@nne a dit…

J'adore ton plat à gâteaux! Moi, j'ai juste les tisanières. Je te souhaite une bonne santé. A bientôt, @nne

Liz a dit…

Tearoom looks lovely. Hope you feel better soon.
Liz

Jackie a dit…

Hi Catherine, pleased to hear you are feeling better and have had a day at the seaside with your husband. A time at a spa sounds like a great idea.

Love the cake stand, I have seen them for sale here. I love items with "carte postale" on them. I am hoping to buy some items when we are in France on holiday.

Love the tearoom, my kind of place. I will have to look for it when we get off the ferry at Dieppe!!

Have a great week, Jackie in Surrey, UK.

Ann@A Sentimental Life a dit…

the cake plate is so pretty, and thanks for bringing back memories of crossing the chanel.

It's me a dit…

What a beautiful cakestand darling !!.......lovely with the roses !!...great pictures from the sea !! lovely week....love Ria....xxx..

Heather a dit…

It all looks so pretty! Wish I was there! :)

La Vie Quotidienne a dit…

So happy to hear that you are feeling better. What a lovely place to spend the day...it looks beautiful and so relaxing.

Patty a dit…

Catherine, I love that dessert stand! It is so perfect for you! I am so happy to hear that you are finally feeling better! It has been such a long three weeks for you! The seaside must have been just what you needed!

Kom Achterom a dit…

ooh the roses!! so nice!
beautiful post!!
happy week
Yolanda

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Catherine I LOVE your cake plate. I love the roses with the writing...VERY pretty. What a wonderful place to get away for the day and breath fresh sea air and drink hot tea in a lovely tea room! When I saw the pictures of the coast it reminded me of where my father crossed during the war and then I see that it WAS Dieppe. I wish he could see how beautiful it looks now. Thank you for 'taking' us along on your trip to the seaside Catherine. Enjoy your day.
Maura :)

****Nannarè**** a dit…

Toujours merveilleuses tes photos ! ! ! roses roses et roses… tres belles salut
baisers
donnez
*nannarè **