mercredi 5 janvier 2011

 
This is what i found yesterday, a Mathilde M little picture . This is the first one of a collection, well i will need about 6 of them.
The new blinds, I already had the curtains from Madura.
This is the 'fronton' I found at "Maison du monde" a good bargain, only 15Euros! I must get a second one(better hurry!)

This is what i'm going to use, you have a coloured base and a white light paint to make the wood look old.It's a "lasure" paint. You don't need any stripping  before you paint and they have nice colors. And there are no solvent in it.  I  met a first problem! i can't take the doors of the wardrobe , so i ask the carpenter to take them off! well it was a' on a budget decoration' i will have to pay for it ! it's not a good  start! Next time i will show you some more i hope! Have a good day! Catherine

8 commentaires:

Madelief a dit…

Dear Catherine,

Your fronton looks beautiful! Good luck with the painting of your wardrobe!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Nezzy a dit…

Oooooo, this is gonna be good. I can feel it in my bones and let me tell ya, these old bones are always right.

God bless ya sweetie and have a most marvelous New Year decorating!!!!

Life In a Little House a dit…

oh that does always seem to happen with projects the unexpected. Good Luck with your painting can't wait to see how it turns out~Love Heather

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Hello Catherine!
Isn't that the way it goes sometimes. I think we'll be finding that same problem when we start working on our cottage bathroom soon. Oh well..I know your wardrobe will look wonderful when you're done. Have fun!
Maura :)

Rita a dit…

This will look wonderful. Love finding treasures like this. Yes I should have know it was Charles Trenet; one of my mom's favourite; merci.

Sylvia a dit…

What a lovely picture, Catherine, love the angels !
Your blinds and curtains are beautiful !
Enjoy the painting,
Sylvia

Heather a dit…

Love the curtains and blinds! I am anxious to see the rest! :)

La Vie Quotidienne a dit…

Beautiful curtains and blinds...I am a big advocate of using details like the'frontons'...here we call them onlays; I like the french word better. (-: This project is very exciting!