samedi 22 janvier 2011

Hello friends! before I go painting, i was looking at some old pictures of me this morning and I  realized that from my childhood till now i always had some animals who took a great place in my life. I now have two dogs, one cat, four goats. 
This dog was the first one in my life, she was called Diane, sge was a hunting dog and  i hold her to start walking. She was a very patient dog and i remember we loved each other very much.
Then I had a lot of cats.My father was a carpenter and lots of cats came to sleep in the workshop by the fire  and i remember in Springtime my father bringing a kitten home for me. 
I don't remember these puppies, but i think they were Diane's babies and  we did not keep them home.
I remember it was a school day, because i have my school overall on.
This dog was called Yako . He was the dog of some of our friends' son , a big brown poddle.
The young man was 18 and enlisted in the navy and before living gave me his dog to look after. He was the nicest dog i ever had, just look at the picture!we  had a real complicity!
When I was staying in England, I had always wanted a colley dog( certainly after watching Lassie!) So I bought one I named Lady and brought her back to France! I had a hard time, because at this time it was difficult to bring an animal from England but i manage to do it.
I even took my dog on the boat and was allowed to spend the night outside on the deck with my dog!( I was young!!!) 
Now, I have two little dogs we rescued, one is a hunting dog a terrible Parson russel terrier and  a Bichon who is getting old and who gets up at five everyday (for 6 years now!!! we are tired!) but they take such a great place in our lifes!


This is HIM! who sleeps during the day and gets up at night!!!
And this cute little angel , who destroyed many things in the house!
look at her eye!!
She had better hide!
I must go and paint! see you soon!

24 commentaires:

Rosetta a dit…

Chi nella vita non ha mai avuto un cane non sa quante cose belle si è perso!!Le tue foto da bambina sono molto belle,ricordano anche la mia infanzia,anch'io avevo dei vestitini simili ai tuoi.Buona domenica,Rosetta

Heidi a dit…

You were a beautiful baby!
I love your picture with Diana, and also the one with Yako.
I agree with Rosetta, a child with animal in his house is happiest than others who haven't any.
My cat Billy use to wake up early in the morning, even in sunday when we can finally sleep a little more than other days, he likes walk on the bed, eating our hair, sitting on my husband...
In those days, when I see him sleepy on a chair, I take him for wake up, I say "sleep in the night, not in the day!"
Have a nice week end!
Heidi

Gemma a dit…

Hola!! La compañia y el cariño que nos dan nuestros animales es inmensa. Tus fotos son muy tiernas y entrañables. Un beso

La Vie Quotidienne a dit…

Oh you were such a cute child! I have always had animals in my life too and they are such a joy and pleasure. Happy painting!

Heather a dit…

I enjoyed reading about your childhood! Your dogs snuggled under the blankets look so cute.

It's me a dit…

Lovely post !...and ooooohhh that sweet doggie!! happy evening...love Ria....xxx....

loveandlilac a dit…

Lovely photos Catherine, especially the one of you pushing the cat in the pram! Your current dogs look like adorable rascals!
Louise x

Rita a dit…

Quels beaux souvenirs; tu es adorable!

Life In a Little House a dit…

Oh I loved the pictures you were such a cute little girl. And the poodle is just like my poodle only my poodle is white. She is a very good companion. Your other dogs are so cute as well. We love them even if they are trouble don't we ~have a wonderful weekend ~Love Heather

Anonyme a dit…

Sweet Catherine,

So cute,so tender and so full of love in your pictures!
We were so delighted to look at those precious moments of your childhood with your dear animals.
Thank you so much for sharing!
Hugs.

Genevieve and Little Alex

Sylvia a dit…

Oh Catherine, such lovely pictures of you and your furry friends !
So cute !
Have a nice (painting)week,
Sylvia

Pétales de fées a dit…

C'est si joli de te lire comme ça... de te voir petite fille adorable, vive et joyeuse ! Et comme tu parles bien de tes animaux !

Bisous et bonne peinture !

Madelief a dit…

Dear Catherine,

You look like a beautiful child on the photo's! Lucky you to have always had so much animals around the house. Your two dogs look so different. One very sweet, the other a bit naughty ;-)!

Wish you a happy new week!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Patty a dit…

Catherine, I always love coming to your blog and reading your latest. These photos are all so darling and I loved reading about your dogs! I have found myself lingering longer and longer on your blog just to hear more of Charles Trenet singing! I love it so much that I have finally purchased a CD for myself and my French nephew! I think he will love having this music!!! Thanks for always posting the best photos!!! I love them!

FRAMBOISINE a dit…

Quel adorable billet ... tu me touches avec ces jolis souvenirs, cet amour pour les animaux qui t'ont si tendrement accompagnée !
Et que dire de ces petites mascottes tellement attendrissantes ? on ne peut qu'oublier leurs bêtises, non ?
Très belle journée Catherine et à tout bientôt.

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Catherine you were the cutest little girl! Thank you for sharing these photo's with us...they are wonderful. I love all of them but I think my favorite is the one of you with the bunny in a basket...how cute! Yes your last little dog looks like trouble...I think she's much like my Chelsea one of our Shih Tzu's. Our biggest trouble maker is Shep our huge Akbash...oh my he's trouble but the best guard dog. I hope your painting is going better today! Maura :)

cuore antico a dit…

Catherine, your pictures are fantastic.
I also like so much dogs and cats...
Have a beautiful day.
Debora

Shirleyanne a dit…

Catherine, aah...such a lovely dog!!! Very adorable, despite the mischief making! lol
Enjoyed your childhood photos aswell!
Take care!

Katy Noelle a dit…

What an absolutely precious story!!! Thank you for sharing all of this with us!

Love, Katy Noelle xo

Anonyme a dit…

I'm extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays.

Here is my blog :: Gucci Sito Ufficiale

Anonyme a dit…

Wow, marvelous weblog layout! How lengthy have you been
blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is excellent, let alone the content material!


my site: Get the Facts

Anonyme a dit…

Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this site. It's simple,
yet effective. A lot of times it's very hard to get that "perfect balance" between usability and appearance. I must say you have done a excellent job with this. Additionally, the blog loads extremely fast for me on Opera. Outstanding Blog!

Feel free to visit my blog post: pictures of pointe shoes

Anonyme a dit…

Nice blog right here! Also your web site quite a bit up fast!

What host are you the usage of? Can I am getting your associate link
to your host? I wish my web site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

Here is my webpage ... Louis Vuitton Bags

Anonyme a dit…

Whoa! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a entirely different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Great choice of colors!

Also visit my webpage - Cheap NFL Jerseys