mardi 9 novembre 2010

Christmas markets in Alsace.

The Chrismas market will open soon, today my post will be about xmas markets in Alsace( est of France) .My daughter  will go there next month and i hope she will take nice pictures.We had the luck to go there with our children to see the magic of xmas ! I remember going at night with a glass of hot red wine with cinamon and a cheese bretzel or a glass of hot orange juice with honey and little xmas biscuits. All the small villages  are glowing and there is a warm atmosphere in spite of the cold weather.
Strasbourg' Cathedral. There is a big market in front of the cathedral, but i'd rather like those of small villages or in Colmar.

What do you think of all these goodies? 
Yesterday, I started to gather and buy new xmas decorations . In a few weeks i think they will be ready!
I hope you enjoyed this post, see you soon! Catherine. (source "Coté Est")

21 commentaires:

✿ Hélène Flont ✿ a dit…

Que de merveilleux souvenirs vous éveillez en moi Catherine en évoquant l'Alsace. J'ai habité Sélestat ( la patrie du sapin de Noël) pendant plusieurs années et il vrai que Noël est plus merveilleux en Alsace encore que partout ailleurs. C'est vraiment Noël avec les cadeaux que l'on offre à ses voisins, les fenêtres de toutes les maisons décorés de pommes de pins et les sapins que l'on suspend au plafond comme la tradition le veut !! J'ai hâte de voir vos futurs billets. Chaleureusement votre bien chère Catherine !!✿◕ ‿ ◕✿

Ascension a dit…

Catherine, que preciosas fotografias.
Me encanta la Navidad y pasar por tu blog es como estar ya en ella.
Gracias.
besitos ascension

The Hausfrau a dit…

These are beautiful photos. I'd love to visit the market in Colmar. It's gluhwein time!

Claudine brodeuse de perles a dit…

Superbes photos ! On aimerait y être. A très bientôt. Claudine
Pardon ! Juste un petit mot pour dire que la musique saute sans cesse !

Pétales de fées a dit…

Cette région est la plus belle pour les marchés de Noël ! J'y suis allée une année, la place de la cathédrale était toute illuminée, les échoppes étaient innombrables !
Je me souviens aussi d'une boutique (dont j'ai oublié le nom) et qui était magique ! Pour mes enfants et même pour nous, cela avait été un choc de bonheur ! Nous avions tous quatre ans devant les décors, les animations, une folie !!!
Bisous

cuore antico a dit…

It's alla so beautiful.
Debora

Susy a dit…

How wonderful Catherine, I will always step
imagine that in summer and winter was beautiful,
but so ........
A hug Susy

Corinne. a dit…

Wouhaaaa c'est magnifique cela donne envis d'être la bas !!
Merci pour ce très beau reportage photos !!
amitié
corinne

Jackie a dit…

Hi Catherine

I went to a Christmas market a few years ago in Vienna and the atmosphere was wonderful. We might go to one at Winchester Cathedral at the beginning of December, they also have an ice skating rink.

Looking forward to seeing how you celebrate Christmas, Jackie.

Anonyme a dit…

Good Afternoon Dear Catherine!

How beautiful are your today's pictures!
Thank you so much for the time you are spending to offer to your readers so many precious posts!
Sweet Blessings.

Genevieve and Alex
***********************************
From Charles Dickens:

"I will honor Christmas in my heart,and try to keep it all the year."
***********************************

Sylvia a dit…

Lovely pictures, Catherine !
A few years ago we visited Alsace in Summer, how nice it must be during Christmas time !
Look forward to your new xmas decoration.
Hugs,
Sylvia

Celestial Charms a dit…

Catherine, thank you for showing us these beautiful photographs. I felt as if I were walking amongst those beautiful streets, all finely decorated. What treasures!
Maureen

It's me a dit…

I wanne be there......so nice !!!...i love Christmas time......happy evening....love Ria...

Kom Achterom a dit…

OOh i come over!!! what a place!!!
love it!! your daugther is a lucky girl!
happy week Yolanda
enjoy the backing!! hihi

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Hello Catherine!
What beautiful photo's...I love the old villages and the beautiful Christmas lighting especially on the building along the water. One day I would love to celebrate Christmas with my family in England...maybe I could talk my Sister into taking a tour around your part of France. It may be a dream for now but you just never know what the future holds! Have a wonderful evening my friend.
Maura :)

Bleudelavande a dit…

Aaahhhh Alsace Cristhmas markets: my dream!!!!Lucky girl your daugther!!!!
Have a nice rest of week.

Shirleyanne a dit…

Such lovely photos Catherine! I'm sure the atmosphere of Christmas was very inspiring. With mulled wine, perfect!

Carola Bartz a dit…

Being a native of Germany I grew up with Christmas markets, and I truly miss them here in the States. Especially the smaller ones and not so famous ones. I always loved wandering around the booths, listening to Christmas music, sipping some mulled wine - the only thing I didn't like were my cold feet!

Cass @ That Old House a dit…

Oh Catherine, how beautiful!
You will get me into the Christmas spirit before we are even done with American Thanksgiving!

Alsace, and Strasbourg, are the only parts of France my husband and I have visited; it was so very lovely.

And your pictures are lovely too. Like an enchanted village!
Cass

~*~ saskia ~*~ a dit…

Wonderful Winterland, Catherine. Beautiful pictures. Cannot wait to start decoration for Christmas..
Bonne nuit. xxxx

La Vie Quotidienne a dit…

You are so lucky to live among such beauty. The photos are georgous.(-: