jeudi 21 octobre 2010

What about a lovely cottage in the Cotswolds?
I love English style, the soft carpets, chintz, wool, leather
to have a cup of tea in a bone china tea cup...

let sit in a confortable Chesterfield and have a look at some wallpapers...
I love this "Trompe l'oeil".
This one would be nice in a cottage.
What about Chintz curtains and cushions?
Let me show you my little Laura Ashley room. I love the faded tone of the wallpaper and curtains.What i like is that it is easy to match stripes and flowers in her collection.(this was from an old collection, but i still like it) Hope you had a nice day, Catherine.

14 commentaires:

Susy a dit…

Hello Catherine,
how wonderful your photos
is my dream! I see you too
Cotswold like, you can do without?
I'll put one of my favorite blogs, I like it too!
A hug Susy

Celestial Charms a dit…

Such beautiful photographs today, Catherine. I love the British cottage look too. If only I lived in a real one! That would be a dream come true. I have some of those lovely red/cream colored transferware plates in one of the photos. They are so pretty in all colors. Have a wonderful day, my friend.
Maureen

Mit Liebe zum Detail a dit…

Hallo Catherine,wunderschöne Stoffe,und ich liebe dieses Porzellan.Ich habe auch so ein gesamtes Service von diesen schönen Porzellan aus England.Liebe Grüße aus Österreich-von Edith.

Sylvia a dit…

Hello Catherine,
Years ago we had a lovely vacation in the Cotswolds !
Beautiful wallpapers and curtains !
Nice evening,
Sylvia

Jackie a dit…

The Cotswolds are about a two hour drive away or less. We sometimes just go there for the day especially on a lovely Summers day, leave home early and stay until late, visiting all the lovely villages. There are similar pretty villages nearby, like Shere that is often used in films, eg Holiday. Or we go to the Test Valley where there are an abundance of thatched cottages with lovely gardens, which I have posted on. I used to own an old cottage only a few miles from London in Twickenham, it wasn't so quaint and Chintz as that isn't my style. I always serve tea in bone china cups or sometimes for men bone china mugs. Jackie in Surrey, UK.

Life In a Little House a dit…

Lots of wonderful things in these photos. I like this style very much thanks for sharing ~Heather

Pétales de fées a dit…

Il y a beaucoup de très jolies choses ici !
Bisous

La Vie Quotidienne a dit…

Oh this is a wonderful post, full of all the things I love. I really like wallpaper but sadly, for some reason it isn't used very much anymore. My favorite is the chicken pattern - great in a kitchen! Love Laura Ashley papers, I have them in my front room and dining room.

Julie Harward a dit…

Hi there..thanks for your visit. I would love to sit and do that too and then watch someone put it up for me! LOL I like the chickens! ;D

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Hello Catherine! It's late morning here in Kansas and you're about to have your supper across the 'pond'. As you know I LOVE the Cotswolds and your photo's are beautiful. I love wallpaper but here in the cottage we have textured walls but the bathroom and kitchen and laundry room have smooth walls. I'd like to add some paper once we do more renovating. I LOVE your Laura Ashley room...her papers and fabrics are wonderful and give a room instant 'cottage' appeal. Thanks for sharing with us! I hope you have a wonderful evening my friend. Maura :)

~*~ saskia ~*~ a dit…

Such lovely post, Catherine.
Happy hugs for a bon weekend! xxxx

Annalisa a dit…

A lovely post, Catherine. I especially love the tartan curtains.
The wallpapers are truly great, and I love this post, full of pics, really interesting.
You have good taste, I really like it!
Keep up the good work, and thanks for your kind comment on my blog!
Annalisa

Catherine a dit…

Beautiful ~ these photos are full of romance!
Happy weekend!
xo Catherine

Rita a dit…

Comme tu as de bon goût. C'est très paisible et plein d'amour.
Rita