jeudi 7 octobre 2010

miniatures and teddy bears.

I love  old toys especially doll houses and teddy bears.

Look at this aga, not very expensive this one!









My first toy was a white Teddy bear and what was yours? (source "Coté Ouest" magazine)

17 commentaires:

Cass @ That Old House a dit…

Oh Catherine, that is the most charming doll house I have ever seen! I love miniatures and doll houses, too -- this one is VERY special. Fabulous.

And that is an Aga I might even be able to afford!

Cass

cuore antico a dit…

It's so lovely...
Debora

Ozma of Odds a dit…

...oh I love it all!! My favorite is the BIG raddish in the pot ~ LOL!! Doll houses are truely a big girls playworld!!
xo, Rosemary

Life In a Little House a dit…

Beautiful My grandfather was a carpenter and built me a beautiful doll house. I love minatures....Thanks for sharing those pictures I enjoyed them. My first toy was a Rag Doll ;D ~Love Heather

Norma a dit…

That dollhouse is absolutely GORGEOUS! Is it yours?? If not can you please share with us the source of the photos??

Sylvia a dit…

Lovely pictures, the teddy bears are gorgeous !
I never wanted dolls, only teddy bears, I still do :-)
Nice weekend,
Sylvia

Norma a dit…

Sorry Catherine, I've just noticed that you do mention the source as "Cote Ouest" magazine.

Rita a dit…

What a perfect post. I am a teddy bear lover; have them in every room in my house. Beautiful doll house.

Celestial Charms a dit…

Lovely post, Catherine. I want to move into that dollhouse. Perfectly decorated, and oh so cozy. My first toy was my teddy bear, named Teddy. :) As a child, I had a whole collection of different looking ones. I never really enjoyed playing with dolls, but teddy bears were a whole other world to me. Thanks for sharing thes beautiful photos with us. Have a wonderful weekend.
Maureen

Rita a dit…

Hi Catherine,
so glad I've found your inspiring blog.
Your dollhouse is a marvel. is it yours?
and what to say about your teddybears? they ar soooooooo cute and make me go travel back in time to my chidhood when my first toy was a white teddy bear. my mom never got rid of it and since it had been preserved in good conditions she passed it down to my daughter when she was born. she's now a teenager but still remembers her white teddy bear.
I've much enjjoyed my visit to you tonight. if you have a minute to spare come over to rita's shabby chic rose for a cup of tea of your choice. guests are always more than welcome.
with warm wishes
rita

astrid a dit…

Very, very nice pictures.

KATHY a dit…

Love all your pictures catherine! The teddy bears are so cute.....Kathy

Leslie a dit…

That is so cute catherine. I have always wanted a doll house to decorate. Maybe someday, when we move into a new house i will get one.
Have a happy weekend

Teresa Martínez- IGMA artisan a dit…

Unas imágenes preciosas Catherine!!

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Hello again my friend!
My first toy was a teddy bear. It was covered with mohair and stuffed with straw and had suede paws. When you pressed it's tummy it played Brams Lullaby. I wanted to pass it down to my children but unfortunately my Dad thought it was too old and threw it away! I love doll houses too...didn't have one as a child but sure had fun dreaming about what I would put 'where'. I can't get over how intricate they are now and all the accesories...my goodness! I love that Aga...would love to have one here on the farm LOL! Oh well...I can dream. Have a wonderful weekend my friend. Maura :)

Country Dreaming a dit…

Love dollhouses, bears and paper dolls. I still have my dollhouse for my childhood but don't really have a place to display it.
Have fun at your apple fest.

Melinda

bastrota a dit…

I love old doll houses, too. Your photos are very, very nice. Everything.

The old bears - they look as they want to tell us stories of their playing life...

Hugs and greetings
Marion