jeudi 14 octobre 2010

Happy fall breakfast and brunch!


It's Autumn and the weather here is getting colder and colder, on Saturday morning it will be 4°C and of course freezing during the night. Breakfast  is my prefered meal, but not french breakfast which is good for the taste , but not for your health! I have "croissant" only on Sundays  and i prefer to have an English breakfast with bacon and eggs,cheese, orange juice... The Scottish one is my favorite! except Haggis! (sorry) in Netherland, i love Gouda, eggs...In Germany i  like their different breads, in Spain their Churros with hot thick chocolate, in the Usa i love the pancakes, in Japan i found dificult to eat fish and rice in the morning. Every  beginning of October, when the children were at home, i used to cook a Brunch on one Sunday morning.I prepared cakes bread loaves the day before and on Sunday we had fresh fruit juices, home made muesli, home made scones, toasts, bacon( it was difficult to find bacon here, i had to go to the Irish shop in Rouen). We had a nice brunch and then go for a walk in the forest, to collect chestnuts, mushrooms ...What are you having for breakfast in your country? And what do you prefer?
( you may click on the recipes to enlarge. If you want some muffins recipes, click on the big muffin on my blog to have some recipes from "Les muffins de catherine")MAURA  has a good muesli recipe on her blog , if you want to have a look at her little farm in Kansas , visit "Lilac lane cottage"! see you soon,  Catherine.
 OF COURSE DON'T FORGET A GOOD CUP OF TEA OR COFFEE ! (source Crabtree  & Evelyn Cookbook)

7 commentaires:

Bruxa da Montanha a dit…

Hi Cath,

delicious recipes......
I'll try and tell you what happened.:-)

Health and fun!!!
Lucia

It's me a dit…

Yammie.....it looks verry deicious here today !!...thanks for sharing all this lovely food......happy day darling........love Ria...

Anita a dit…

What an interesting post Catherine! One of my favorites things too is a croissant with my mom's strawberry preserves and butter, but not on my diet at all. Here in North Carolina, homemade biscuits with white gravy is definitely the thing to have. Most people do not know how to make that gravy though. It's a combination of flour, grease from sausage mixed with milk. I am a bacon or sausage and eggs person, but fried potatoes and onions are usually added. Another regional thing here is fried apples over biscuits with sausage. Definitely this time of year we eat a little heavier! All of your choices sound great!

Mit Liebe zum Detail a dit…

Das Frühstück ist mir auch sehr wichtig.Ich esse ein gutes Brot,Butter Käse,und natürlich selbst gemachte Marmelade,dazu Kaffee.Liebe Grüße Edith.

Madelief a dit…

Dear Catherine,

Now and then I enjoy an English breakfast too, but most of the time it's just a slice of plain brown bread with some chocolate paste and and a slice of rye bread with Gouda cheese for me :-)!

Happy evening!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Oh my goodness how did I get so far behind in reading your blog?! You've got some wonderful recipes there...I like the look of the marmalade muffins but they all sound wonderful! What's my favorite breakfast...hmm. In British Columbia I used to make 'Perfect Vehicle' pancakes and home made 'maple' syrup and eggss 'over easy' and Saskatchewan Smokies and Okanagan apple juice. oh my we all loved that. I made it for my sister from England...she loved it but had to eat all the savory things first and the pancake last...she said she wasn't used to mixing savory and sweet in the same meal. I said 'what about sweet and sour?'...she said that was different! Now I like old fashioned oatmeal porridge with raisins and craisins (no sugar) and milk...guess I'm getting old LOL! Have a wonderful day. Maura :)

Anonyme a dit…

What's up to every body, it’s my first pay a visit of this web site; this blog contains remarkable and genuinely fine information in favor of visitors.

Feel free to visit my web-site :: 3d sex games