mardi 12 octobre 2010

GINGER bread from Dijon

Today, i have been baking. French Ginger Bread from Dijon and brownies!


Pain d'épices de Dijon:


200gr liquid honey
250gr flour with incorporated baking powder
1 teaspoon ginger bread spices
Sweet orange peels
50gr sugar
1/2 a glass of milk




Mix honey with warm milk
Mix flour with incorporated baking powder, spices, sugar and dried fruits
Add  honey and milk to the flour, spices , sugar and orange peels
pour into a cake tin and bake for about 45mn, in a preheated oven at 170°C.
The first day the loaf is dry, but gets softer afterwards.
And now, i can smell apples and cinamon...i'm making a "Compote de pommes"
I wish you can smell the apples ,ginger bread and the chocolate of the brownies...It smells ...SO   GOOD! see you tomorow!
Have a look at what Maud found in the forest! aren't they cute!

6 commentaires:

Jackie a dit…

The ginger bread and brownies look divine and would go down really well with the cup of tea I have beside me while I am on my PC!! I have been shopping and was tempted to buy a chocolate eclair with my afternoon cuppa. I couldn't be trusted to do any home baking as the smell of it cooking would tempt me to eat it straight away and probably too much too. You have a very lucky family.

Enjoy it, Jackie, Surrey UK

Celestial Charms a dit…

So beautiful...I can smell them from here! Thanks for sharing the recipe for the ginger bread. Have a happy day.
Maureen

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

OH Catherine you are making me HUNGRY! Between your post and the one I just posted a few minutes ago I'm craving pumpkin and the smell of ginger and cloves and allspice ....
These look delicious! Have a wonderful day and try not to eat too much ;) Take care my friend.
Maura :)

Rita a dit…

That ginger bread is really smelling fantastic. Hope you are having a good and healthy week. Have a piece of that loaf for me with a cup of tea.
Bonne semaine,
Rita

It's me a dit…

Hi...ow that brownies.......yammie.......love it.......cute !! are that pigs ????...love you Ria....

Catherine a dit…

Your photos are so beauitful Catherine ~ I think I can almost smell the fresh baked goodness! And those sweet little forest critters ~ adorable!

xo Catherine