vendredi 15 octobre 2010

decoration ideas for christmas.

It soon will be christmas and  this morning i was thinking of what i was going to choose this year as a decoration. This will be unexpensive decoration this year! I  will give you some ideas i have already done in the past. The first one you need: a floral mousse(in french, something you soak in water and  stick the flowers in, if you understand what i mean?)
wire  mesh and 4 meters of ribbons. It looks nice hung in a hall.


I love "fruits givrés" it's very simple and very nice for xmas. Just egg white , sugar and fruits thats all!
This is the one i like best, an ice bowl. For christmas it is nice with dried leaves  and tiny pine cones .You need two bowls and a jam jar. Put some water between the big and smaller bowl and the jar full of water and some tape to keep the second bowl in place , some dried leaves ...in between keep in the freezer for the night and that's all !
Christmas crackers. How to make your own. Very easy , you only have to choose what to put inside ! I hope it will give you ideas for  christmas  and enjoy your weekend! see you soon . Catherine.( You may click on pictures to enlarge)

17 commentaires:

Natasha a dit…

I love all of this Christmas inspiration! The ice bowl is particularly gorgeous.

Thanks for the wonderfully festive ideas.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

It's me a dit…

O wowwwwwwwww....that ice bowl !! so nice!!...o yes Christmas......it is almost there........happy weekend darling.....love Ria....

Eva a dit…

Beautiful ideas Catherine, Thanks for dharing :)
Have a nice weekend!
Un beso

Catherine a dit…

Christmas decorations ~ love it love it! The time to start decorating is just around the corner isn't it? Thanks for the lovely ideas Catherine!

Happy weekend!
xo Catherine

Kom Achterom a dit…

nice nice!!!
happy weekend
Yolanda

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Hello Catherine!
This post took me by suprise...I wasn't thinking about Christmas at all but you reminded me that it's just around the corner and I need to get busy and start making a few gifts! It's amazing how quickly time flies. I love all the things you've shown us but I have always wanted to make an icebowl but never got around to it. I think this year I'll put that on my TO DO list for December...thank you for reminding me of that too ;) I hope you're having a wonderful afternoon my friend. Maura :)

GardenofDaisies a dit…

All of these ideas are wonderful! I LOVE that floral ice bowl!! Can't believe we are only 10 weeks away from christmas!

Sylvia a dit…

Thanks for your lovely Christmas ideas, Catherine !
Nice weekend,
Sylvia

La Vie Quotidienne a dit…

I am so happy to find your blog! I am a native Californian with a love affair of all thing French. I have been studying the language for several years. I haven't come very far I am afraid, but like blogging, it is so much fun.

Your blog is lovely...I see so much to enjoy. Here we are still decorating for Halloween, but I will be taking notice of your Christmas ideas!

Love your rooster picture!

Greyhaven Pines a dit…

Beautiful ideas. I once made the ice bowls for a Christmas dinner centerpiece. They were lovely but with the house full of guests and a fire in the fireplace, by the end of the dinner they were melting. . .

Warm wishes,

Elizabeth

Life In a Little House a dit…

Oh how pretty so many wonderful ideas thankyou for taking the time to share all this ~Love Heather

Country Dreaming a dit…

I was thinking about Christmas decor the other day too. Mulling over a couple of ideas.

Thanks for the good thoughts for Ken.

Melinda

Flat Creek Farm a dit…

I've been thinking about Christmas already too. I didn't even decorate much for Fall - yet! These are wonderful inspiration, Catherine. Thank you! -Tammy

Rita a dit…

Christmas will be here before we know. I really enjoyed your fabulous ideas.
Bonne fin de semaine Catherine.
Rita

Leslie a dit…

great ideas, I have been thinking a lot of christmas and how I will decorate this year. I can't wait. I love when the house gets the warm glow from the trees and smells like pine and cinnamon.
Have a great weekend.

Madelief a dit…

Hi Catherine,

You are much furhter ahead then I am. Although I have to admit that I have been looking at the Christmas decorations in the shops! Thank you for the inspiration!

Happy weekend & lieve groet, Madelief

apropos a dit…

Dear Catherine,
I noticed that you are a new reader of my blog. I'm very proud that your are so interested in the things I create, because YOU have such wonderful ideas - so beautiful that I am now YOUR new reader. Thank you so much for your visiting.
Carola