jeudi 28 octobre 2010

Chilly days.

Winter  is coming soon and it is nice to stay inside, by the fireplace. But in the northern countries and east of France, i discovered (when going to xmas markets in Alsace) their beautiful ceramic stoves. During centuries they brought the well- being in the homes of northern countries ,big or small. They are all refined, with a simple or rich decoration.
.This one is from Austria (east Salzbourg)
This one, from Austria(Schwarzenberg)


From Sweden.
This beautiful one from Switzerland.
Alsace, east of France.
These  two are from Germany.
Alsace, France.
Today, here, it's a lovely Autumn day and i will spend the day out. I soon will be looking for the giveaway i want to do pretty soon, but as we don't have petrol here , because of big strikes since Two weeks, it will be a little delayed! i found some petrol yesterday and i may have a look in shops this week end!!! see you soon ,Catherine.(source, " Coté est" magazine)
Ginger bread in Alsace!

13 commentaires:

Jackie a dit…

Morning Catherine, we too have a lovely Autumn day here in the UK. Those stoves are a work of art, I wonder how much heat they give out!!

Sorry to hear about all your strikes, we have the fireman going out on strike next Monday which is a big day here for Guy Fawkes day and fireworks!!

Enjoy the rest of the day. Jackie in Surrey, UK.

The Hausfrau a dit…

Such beautiful stoves!

Rita a dit…

Bonjour,
That is why I enjoy coming here;I am always learning something about your corner of the world. These are spectacular; these must cost a fortune. We have been hearing about your strikes;must be difficult to run our of petrol; we are all so dependant on our vehicles.
Bonne fin de semaine.
Rita

Lara a dit…

Nice stoves. Have seen them in Sweden last summer. They are beautiful!

Kom Achterom a dit…

Ha caterine
love the beautiful stoves! and your cooky makers i don't now the right word for it! its so nice!!
your autumn is stunning!!
happy weekend
Yolanda

Life In a Little House a dit…

I have never seen anything like that the stoves are beautiful. I love the one from Switzerland. I love folk art painting ~Thanks for sharing Love Heather

Madelief a dit…

Hi Catherine,

I see you have been baking as well. It must be the weather :-)! I hope your gingerbread men were very tasty?! I made an apple bramble crumble today. It's still in the oven and smells heavenly.

Your fireplaces look great. I wouldn't recognise some to be a fireplace!

Happy evening & lieve groet, madelief

La Vie Quotidienne a dit…

My...aren't these all beautiful? A far cry from forced-air heating. these all are works of art. Incidently, I mentioned your blog on my last post...I wanted others to know how nice it is.(-:

La Maison en Wonderboom a dit…

I love the stoves, so warm and beautiful.
It's a shame all these problems in France.

Kind regards Hermine

Carola Bartz a dit…

Beautiful collection of stoves! So cozy in the winter!

Barb a dit…

Hi Catherine,

I adore ceramic stoves. The Swiss one is my favorite.
Have a wonderful weekend.

big hugs

Celestial Charms a dit…

Catherine, these ceramic stoves are so very beautiful. I've never seen anything like them before. Thanks for sharing them with us. Love your Alsace ginger bread mosaic too!
Maureen

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Catherine some of these stoves are HUGE...especially the second one. How could the room NOT be cozy with such a wonderful stove to warm it! I love the gingerbread too...always reminds me of fall and then again of Christmas.
Maura :)