dimanche 26 septembre 2010

My day to Honfleur



Yesterday, i also went to Trouville where i use to spend holidays when i was little.Here is a mosaic of some of the villas.
Hello everybody! We started our journey to Honfleur not very early as it was cold this morning.The weather was not suposed to be fine , but we did not have rain, so I could take pictures for you. Honfleur is not just a beautiful harbour, but an atmosphere.I love to go there in Autumn and enjoy quietely my day.
When we arrived we saw this beautiful merry-go-round

Lots of boats were still in the habour


These are typical here with your name on it

views of Normandy

La "PETITE CHINE" our  favorite restaurant for now 22years!


I took this picture to show you the construction


I came across these pretty little shell dolls


Calvados and cider...


Some tasty caramels

La Petite chine and see what i had for lunch!




The paint galeries

a

 A  beautiful and very old door knoker



We went to visit Satie 's museum

This beautiful white piano was playing the Gymnopédie n°1











Look at the sky! it is soon time to go!!!

It surely is THE END of summer!


I love this statue and it is time to say good bye for now . I have got some more pictures for another day!

12 commentaires:

It's me a dit…

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,..................it all looks so verry verry verry nice !!...i wish i was there.......happy evening darling........love love love Ria...

✿ Hélène Flont ✿ a dit…

Quel plaisir de revoir à travers vos jolies photos Honfleur que j'aime beaucoup , à ma prochaine visite je me rendrais " à la petite Chine" , les plats semblent divinement bons! Merci catherine.

Kom Achterom a dit…

OOh so nice!!
what a beautiful place!!
wunderful photo's
happy evening
Yolanda

Jackie a dit…

Oh I can't wait to go back there next year!! I will remember the name of the restaurant too. Thank you for the lovely photographs. Have a wonderful week, Jackie in Surrey, UK.

loveandlilac a dit…

Lovely photos. Your meal at Le Petit Chine looks delicious - especially that very English cream tea!

Louise x

Catherine a dit…

It looks like you had a terrific time Catherine ~ good for you. I love the collection of little bird houses ~ so sweet!

Have a lovely week!
xo Catherine

Laura a dit…

Beautiful pictures... wish I had been there too! Lx

Country Dreaming a dit…

Great pictures--looks like a wonderful day for you.

Melinda

Wohnwohltaten a dit…

Dear Catherine,
very nice pictures from your holidaytrip. And I love caramels so much. But in germany they are all to "hard" :-).
I hope my translator will now work yet.
Have a nice week.
Greetings
Catherin

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Hello Catherine!
What a wonderful place to spend the day even if you did start out a little later than you would have liked. I love the architecture...the old timbered buildings and the stone as well. Mmm your lunch looked delicious! One of the best salads I have ever eaten was at an outside cafe in the village of Versailles. Your scones look delicious. Oh my I think I'd get fat if I could sample all that wonderful food LOL! Thanks again for sharing your day with us...I look forward to more photo's. Have a wonderful evening....Maura :)

francesca a dit…

hi catherine, your photos are wonderfull
i hope to came in normandia next year
ciao
francesca

Anonyme a dit…

It is not my first time to pay a quick visit this web page,
i am browsing this website dailly and take good data from here every day.


Also visit my weblog ... Michael Kors Outlet