mercredi 8 septembre 2010

Irish Lace- Guipure d'Irlande

I have been to Scotland, from land's end in Cornwall to John 'o groats, to Wales, but never to Irland! I must tell you i would love to go there and  hire a trailer to cross these beautiful scenaries. I found  an old book about Irish lace, this is what inspired me today.( you may click on pictures to see the details)
Vintage lace (pictures from google)
What do you think of that work? Beautiful isn't it?

9 commentaires:

Sherri B. a dit…

With all of the work that goes into lace I am always in wonder of why it does not cost a lot more...Your examples are beautiful.

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Oh Catherine I LOVE Irish lace! The workmanship is just amazing. I've never been to Ireland but my Sister once told me I had a choice when I went over to visit next time. We could visit Venice...Egypt (which she already visited this year) or Ireland. I told her my choice would be Ireland. I have an email friend who lives there and it would be wonderful to visit with her. Maybe we could meet up and we could travel together...a 'girls' holiday! You never know...it could happen ;) Thank you for sharing these wonderful photo's with us...Have a WONDERFUL day. Maura :)

Celestial Charms a dit…

Yes, beautiful Irish lace, Catherine. Ireland, the land of my ancestors, always has a place in my heart. The people, the landscape, the castles, everything is beautiful. I've been there many time, but I am longing to return. Have a wonderful day.
Maureen

It's me a dit…

So beautiful and Ireland too....love your post....happy evening darling.....love and hugs from me....

Annalisa a dit…

Wonderful post dear Catherine, I would love to visit Ireland one day, maybe I'll fine time to go there!
What a great post, I knew irish lace was wonderful, but your post really got me interested in..I will surely look for more informations and details,
thank you for sharing.
Annalisa

kiwicarole a dit…

I love your blog! It has so many lovely photos, I enjoyed my walk around the streets of Paris! I have never been to Ireland either, although I visited England and Scotland. It sounds like it might be a big trip!!

Cassandra a dit…

How beautiful, Catherine! I also love any lace - especially old lace! This has inspired me to gather some of my laces, photograph them, and create a lace entry for my blog!

I, too, long to visit Ireland. My husband and I are planning such a visit next year - he is a golfer and wants to play several courses there - of course I will be sight-seeing, photographing and antiqueing! Cassandra ♥

IVELISE a dit…

Hi Catherine, this post was beautiful! I'm a crochetr from Brazil and I am a begginner in irish crochet...
I love this kind of crochet!
The images you shared with us all filled my day with beauty!:-))
I invite you to visit on my blog...bye dear!

Mohammad Salauddin a dit…

Wow these are so beautiful. i really like this lace very much.
african fabric wholesale, Guipure Lace fabric