mercredi 29 septembre 2010

In the green pastures of my Normandy.

When i see the country around me, i thought i could share with you some pictures of this  beautiful region ( from my point of view!)
This summer We had no rain and it was so dry. but now our Normand weather is back and with it our green pastures again!
How can we make our cheeses or Camembert , Pont l'évèque...
Our butter and cream from Isigny...
These cheeses are being salted and washed until they become white and goes into our plates.
What about bread, butter, cheese and a glass of cider?
And sometimes in the middle of a prairie you find this...

(Sources, " l'Art de vivre en Normandie" et "HAUTE  Normandie" Yves de Saint Jean)

8 commentaires:

Jackie a dit…

Lovely post, beautiful photographs, I cannot wait to visit next year. Jackie in Surrey, UK

Anita a dit…

Breathtaking. I love the rustic but elegant beauty that just seems so natural. I would LOVE to visit there someday. I almost went to one of the anniversaries of DDay because my former Air Force unit was flying veterans there, but didn't get to go. I have only been to the Lorraine American cemetery at St. Avold.

Eva a dit…

Visiting your blog is always relaxing!
Love the shops of the last post :)

Sylvia a dit…

Such a beautiful region, Catherine !
It must be so nice to live there !
Hugs,
Sylvia

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Hello Catherine!
You live in such a beautiful region...so green. It reminds me of British Columbia except for the beautiful OLD buildings. I love cheese. Such beautiful pictures of your world. I hope one day I will get to see it. Have a wonderful Thursday my friend.
Maura :)

Leslie a dit…

beautiful post Catherine.

It's me a dit…

Owwwww....how i like these pictures!!...you should live their.....wonderful !!!...happy day darling..........love Ria.....

Teresa Martínez- IGMA artisan a dit…

Preciosas fotos y preciosas acuarelas.