lundi 6 septembre 2010

The country in Paris


Paris is a busy town, but there are some "Heaven of peace " where it's nice to live.
The vineyards of  MONTMARTRE.
The stairs  , the stairs  again and again...
My old camera did not work propely, but it made a quite interesting mosaic, did'nt it?
I took this picture, because the restaurant is  called "La mère Catherine" and is a typical french restaurant!
The hidden places of Montmartre.
At  the lower part of Montmartre, the streets are full of fabric shops. Wool, silk...this is "Le marché saint Pierre" and also notions  stores,buttons, ribbons...All you need to sew. I love the embroided silk best!

17 commentaires:

It's me a dit…

O yes ! Paris.......great city !!! i have been there four times.....it is also on my to do list.............great city !!...beautiful pictures Catherine !! happu week love Ria...

love lives in the kitchen a dit…

dear catherine,
i'm back home after quite long summer holiday. your new blog design is just great, as well as this post on Paris! i love paris more than any other place... i went to paris in june and it was such a lovely stay, despite the weather (cold, cold, cold). keep on posting your super cute pictures!
have a sweet day,
justyna

Fines-Cottage a dit…

ohh... so beautiful pictures! Paris is soo lovely...

have an nice day Renate

louli a dit…

Merci beaucoup... j'adore Montmartre et les photos sont superbes !!

Madelief a dit…

Hi Catherine,

I enjoyed your post about Paris very much! I will be going for a day in the beginning of October and looking forward very much. It's such a lovely place to visit!

Enjoy your evening!

lieve groet, Madelief

kelli a dit…

Hello Catherine,
What a treat it is to visit your blog. I will definitely be back often to visit. The photos of Paris are so beautiful and it is my dream someday to explore France and England. I really enjoyed your post about B. Potter, she is one of my favorites. We also share a common interest in pastel drawing. I haven't done much with my pastels since college, but truly love working with that medium.
Thanks for stopping my my blog and leaving a comment. Have a beautiful day.

Wohnwohltaten a dit…

Hello Catherine,
wonderful pictures from paris!
Greetings from a "namesake" from germany :-),
Catherin

La Maison en Wonderboom a dit…

Hi Catharine,

Paris is always worth to visit,I love this place.

have a nice week
Hermine

Diane a dit…

Sign me up, Catherine! I'll come with you next time! ;-)
Hugs,
Diane

Celestial Charms a dit…

Catherine, what a lovely post today. Montmartre is one of my most favorite areas of Paris. I wish I were strolling there right now. Beautiful photos.
Maureen

Leslie a dit…

I would love to visit paris. Such a beautiful place.
I love the photos.
Have a great week Catherine.

Eva a dit…

paris i always wonderful. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) a dit…

Oh your pics are wonderful Catherine!
Oh, I just want to go sooo bad!
I better start saving my pennies!
Thanks for sharing,
Cindy

The Hausfrau a dit…

How lovely--you took some really nice photos! I was just in Montmartre two weeks ago...

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Hello Catherine!
Oh how I love Paris...you've taken such wonderful pictures! Maybe one day we will have lunch at La Mere Catherine if my sister and I get over to visit you. I love Montmartre...my sister and I had fun looking in some of the stores on the narrow streets there our first night in Paris. Thanks for bringing back those special memories for me. Have a wonderful evening...Maura :)

astrid a dit…

Thank you for the beautiful fotos. I love Paris, too. And now - looking at your pictures - I can dream and remember interesting days in Paris some years ago.
Have a wonderful week.

Rita a dit…

Merveilleux Catherine! love all those photos; a world so far way from mine but you bring it back to me; Merci.
Rita