samedi 28 août 2010

September and the world of BEATRIX POTTER

The LAKE DISTRICT.

Today , I chose the world of Beatrix Potter  before the coming of September and "fall".
The Lake district is the place that will interest us today.A beautiful part of England where B. potter had her home "Hill top" , which has been the  source of her inspiration. I told you about the little rabbit's who lived under my garden house last spring, the mother had three babies and now one of them gave birth to one little rabbit at the same place, so that what inspired me for  today's post!

B. Potter's drawings.
With her father and brother
with her husband
Her rabbit at Hill top
I'm sure most of you had red a story of  Beatrix Potter toyour children, i can say that i was enchanted to read her tales to mine! have a lovely and peaceful week end. CATHERINE

12 commentaires:

Kom Achterom a dit…

ooh what a nice post!!
love Beatrix my daugther had a babyroom from beatrix with peter rabit so lovely
i wish you a verry nice and sunny
weekend
Yolanda

Natasha a dit…

This was a great post! I really wanted to go to the Lake District when we visited England but it was winter and many tours weren't operating. I will definitely go there next time!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Leslie a dit…

wow Catherine, Thank you for informing me about Beatrix Potter. I used to read her stories to my girls all of the time.
I love getting to know her a bit better.
Have a great weekend.

Celestial Charms a dit…

Oh Catherine, I do so adore Beatrix Potter and all her writings and illustrations. She created such a magical world, one we all would like to be a part of. I would love to get a peek at your resident rabbits. Maybe someday you can sneak a photo of them. My 7 year old son is crazy for bunnies and would really like to have one of his own, but the weather here is way too hot to keep one outside and our home has enough furry residents at this time. We have a puppy, 2 cats, and a guinea pig. So a rabbit would not be convenient at this time. Thanks for sharing this post, and have a lovely weekend.
Maureen

Mit Liebe zum Detail a dit…

Oh,yes,I think the whole world loves Beatrix Pooter,that my children they have loved.Thank you for the Post.Edith.

It's me a dit…

I love Beatrix Potter...i like rabbits !!!.so nice post this is......thanks !! wishing you a happy evening.love Ria....

La Maison en Wonderboom a dit…

Memories.... Beatrix Potter.
Love the books and the drawings as well.
Have a nice weekend,
Hermine

Renee a dit…

Wonderful blog! Love the Beatrix Potter post. I just added you to my Favorites.

GardenofDaisies a dit…

I love Beatrix Potter, for her children's stories and beautiful illustrations, and for her efforts to preserve the land. She was an amazing woman! I would LOVE to travel to the Lake district and see Hill Top someday.

Jeri Landers a dit…

Indeed, I too raised my children on the stories of Beatrix and her art inspires me to this day. I could probably still recite the lines in many of her books since I so often read them to my boys. What's really amazing is that her books are as popular today as they were 100 years ago. The photos are lovely. I have a trip to the Lake District in my "to do bucket", someday I will get there.

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Hello Catherine!
I LOVE Beatrix Potter and have sketched a few of her drawings for my Grand children. I watched the movie Miss Potter not long ago and LOVED it. What a beautiful area to live...much like my British Columbia. Thank you for sharing this with us..Beatrix Potter is someone we all love to read about. Have a wonderful evening....Maura :)

Silvia a dit…

Cathrine, ton blog est magnifique!
J'aime bien Beatrix Potter..
Ces photos sont très belles!
A bientot!

Silvia