samedi 21 août 2010

JAMS, part one .LA ROUTE DES FRUITS.

Today as it is soon September , i would like to give you some jam recipes. Some of them are in french and others in english ,but if you need a translation feel free to leave me a comment and i will be glad to translate it for you. Itold you about what we call here in Normandy "The fruit road ". People are selling fruits on the road side, apples ,plums, berries...It is situated along the river Seine.(you may click on pictures to enlarge)


The best one is the one made with our good milk from Normandy! milk, sugar and vanilla!(sources country living and these two books which are not on sale anymore, so if you need recipes just ask me)

11 commentaires:

Nearly 50 and trying to be Frugal .... a dit…

some lovely recipes - not sure I fancy the green tomato and nutmeg, have you tried it?
Would very much like the recipe for confiture de lait please
Thanks
Sue

Barbara a dit…

Those are such great jam recipes, I love jams and preserves I am with the lady above, not sure about the Green tomato one, lol I have looked over your blog and really like it, being from French decent I tend to like the European things any how, hugs and blessings Barbara from http://bakinnbitsbarbara.blogspot.com/
Do stop by and visit a while, I always have the light on, and tea made.

Celestial Charms a dit…

Such lovely jam recipes. Thank you Catherine for sharing them. I love photos of homemade jams in pretty jars.
Maureen

It's me a dit…

What a lovely recipes.....so nice to make jam.....wishing you a happy weekend darling........love Ria...

~*~ saskia ~*~ a dit…

Okay, now I'm daydreaming of Fall, sweet Catherine. Lovely post. Perhaps I should try to make some jam this year. Thanks for the idea!
Bonne nuit. xxx

Madelief a dit…

Hi Catherine,

I enjoy making jam and chutney's as well. Unfortunately all the blackberries and gooseberries in our garden were eaten by the birds. Our plum tree did not produce any fruit this year. I think I cut the tree down a bit too much in spring.

Happy weekend!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Country Dreaming a dit…

Pretty pics and the jams look yummy! Have you made any of these?


Have a great weekend!

Melinda

Emmas utsikt a dit…

It all looks so good! I have to ask my sister-in-law to translate. She´s fluent in French. Her fiancé is French... But that´s actually just a coinsidence, she knew French before they met. And he´s fluent in Norwegian, so they speak both languages.

Emma

June a dit…

Hi Catherine,
yes it will soon be jam making time here also. My neighbor just brought me over some strawberry jam that she made yesterday. Yummy!
Thank you for coming by, I love it when you visit.
hugs

Mit Liebe zum Detail a dit…

Oh wie wunderschön ist ihr Blog.Ich liebe es Marmelade selber zu machen.Das Buch das sie da zeigen ist wunderschön.Liebe Grüße aus Österreich -Edith.

Patrícia a dit…

Gostei muito do seu blog apesar de não ter conseguido ler tudo principalmente as recertas de geléias mas não tem problema pois o visual do seus posts são tão belos que da vontade de estar ai com voce um abraço do Brasil