mercredi 7 juillet 2010

casthle of CHANTILLY,TOWN OF SENLIS

I'm back!  Last Monday i took the TGV(our high speed train) to Roissy Charles de  Gaule, not to take a plane but to meet a school friend who lives in the surroundings of the airport. In the station i bought "Country homes and interiors" and i was ready to leave Rouen!


It tooki me two hours before i arrived at Roissy and then we met in the station and went on theway to Senlis. This is my friend's garden. On Monday, we visited a casthle nearby, "the casthle of Chantilly", like the cream chantilly !




These are the stairs  going to the casthle.








The carps living in the moats.  






The library with rare old books.
The gallery
A decorated cieling
We had some delicious fruits with REAL Cream Chantilly!!! i never had such good one!!!

Different types of architectures in Senlis and the cathedral with paved streets! all the streets are paved, not easy to walk! this town is often chosen by film makers.

I hope you enjoyed the visit !  I had a nice time, thank you Françoise!

10 commentaires:

GardenofDaisies a dit…

Oh my, LOOk at all those paintings and the illuminated manuscripts, and the gardens... this whole post is just amazing! Wow, I wish I was there to see this in person.

Beatnheart a dit…

WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE!! how beautiful Catherine!
what lucky friends you two are!!

It's me a dit…

Oh Cathrine....always enjoy your posts with all the beautiful pictures!!......so nice !!!.....thank you for sharing..............love ......Ria.........

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Hello Catherine! I'm late getting to my favorite blogs but better late than never. What a beautiful place and I love your friends garden and home. Just beautiful. I love visiting castles and museums...I did get to see the palace in Versailles and enjoyed that. Oooo the cream Chantilly looks delicious...is it like ice cream or whipped cream? Thanks for showing us your visit to Senlis...it looks like a wonderful place to visit and take pictures. Have a wonderful day....Maura :)

@nne a dit…

Merci ... merci pour cette belle visite. J'ai des très bons souvenirs de cette région. Mon petit copain) de la fac avait un "oncle-curé" à Vaumoise (après il était curé à Acy-en-Multien), ou nous avons passés tant de journées en douceur. Les visites à Senlis, Pierrefonds, Compiègne ... que je ne peux/veux jamais oublier! A bientôt! @nne

Anonyme a dit…

Oh my goodness, it is all so incredibly beautiful....I was especially delighted by the glimpse of the illuminated books. Everything is just lovely, though....the picture inside the cathedral gave me chills!

Thank you!

Tammy, in California

Micky a dit…

Wonderful Pictures,have a good weekend with your family. All the best Catherine.
Miguel

BonjourRomance a dit…

Bonjour Catherine,
SOunds like a perfect time with your friend. Your phots are bearutiul, the library is marvelous.
Bon week-end,
Mimi

Diane a dit…

Catherine...lovely!!! Don't you wonder how the women in the paintings wore those clothes! Talk about tight and constricting! LOL!
Aren't we lucky in our modern, soft and comfortable, casuals!
Thanks for the lovely tour.
Diane

Celestial Charms a dit…

Such a beautiful and interesting place. It seems to have a serene, peacefulness as well. Lovely photos.
Maureen