lundi 26 juillet 2010

BIRD SANCTUARY : The Marquenterre park, le parc du Marquenterre , Baie de Somme

this year we decided to visit the North of our country . As other people go south we decided to discoverthe wild life in the" Somme's bay"(the Somme being a river of our country)
Welcome to the "Marquenterre bird sanctuary"! It's a nice day out, a nice walk and a very interesting place to visit when you love the wild life.
Here you have a stork nest, well we can see it better with binoculars, but if you click on the picture it will enlarge.
Here are "Hanson" wild horses
Many foals in the park, they all look very happy of their freedom!
The 6 Kilometers we chose to walk. This is a very pleasant walk!
Some of the birds who are having a rest before the big migration of autumn.
I only have a small camera , so you may enlarge the picture!
The place to watch birds without being seen!
On our way
Some of the wild protected flowers
I
it would have been nice for you to hear the birds, they are very talkative!!!!
a little nest
Following mom!
You must look for three stork nests!
there are Stork nests and the white spots are herons






Don't forget to click on pictures to enlarge
These  are some of the birds that you can see in the tree
We had lunch there , you can bring your dog as there is a kennel and you may visit the bay with a horse carriage.
This is the shop and restaurant where we had lunch.
I hope you enjoyed the visit! I am going away this coming week to get you more pictures.See you soon.

7 commentaires:

@nne a dit…

Belles photos de cette nature splendide. Merci et à bientôt, @nne

It's me a dit…

Beautiful...... Catherine......nice to see your post again...............happy week........hugs from me............Ria.............

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Hello Catherine...so good to see you again! What a wonderful place this is...it looks like a good place to take a walk and I like that you can bring your dog or even come by carriage! I would have LOVED seeing those wild horses...what a thrill that would have been. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and I will be watching for you when you get back. I miss you! Take care mon Amie...Maura :)

Beatnheart a dit…

wow what a place Catherine....I would love to see this. The stork nests are amazing. and the horses..Didn’t know a place like this even existed..Thank you.

Madelief a dit…

Hi Catherine,

Good to hear from you again! I was delighted to read you once lived in England nearby the village we were on holiday. I think it is a beautiful part of England. You must have enjoyed it very much! Now I understand why your English is so good!!!

I enjoyed scrolling through your pictures of the nature reserve. It looks like a beautiful, tranquil place with lots to see.

I wish you a good evening!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Mel Lloyd a dit…

Hi Catherine. We are visiting Manquenterre (travelling from England) this weekend so your blog was very informative. Lovely pictures :-) Thank you

Anonyme a dit…

For the reason that the admin of this web page is working, no
uncertainty very rapidly it will be renowned, due to its quality contents.


Review my homepage: avis binoa