dimanche 11 juillet 2010

ancient dolls and antique fair



Do you remember the village of " le Bec-Hellouin"? there is a post about it. Well today Sunday we got up at 7 and went to the antique fair, the weather was mild , the atmosphere very friendly and we had a nice time there. I found a library stepladder, a zing wateringcan , bucket and some old skittles. I wanted all this for a long time! We had saussage and chips in the village.We had a very nice day!
There were 150 shops in the village (this is an old picture)

This was the one i like best.These are very ancient dolls and i find this one very pretty.
My parents had a 'Solex' each and i remember to be at the back on a special seat when i was little and i loved to go fast and feel the wind on my face.It was a bike with a little engine.
An old Normand piece of furniture.
I rather like them in the fields...
On these plates you always have a story.
I hope you enjoyed the visit as much as i enjoyed my day!

7 commentaires:

It's me a dit…

Wowwww..Catherine.that all looks very nice.........did you by anything??...have a great sunday.....love Ria......

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Hello Catherine! Oh how I wish I had been there with you...I would have had a hard time choosing what I wanted to take home with me. That Norman piece in the back of the van looked WONDERFUL! Don't think I could have fit it in my suitcase though. I really liked the tea towels with the red stripes on them..those I could have fit in my bad ;) I hope you're having a wonderful day...Maura :)

Ascension a dit…

Hacia dias que no te visitaba y echaba en falta tus preciosas fotos y tus amables comentarios.
Me alegro que hayas disfrutado de un gran idea!!!
Me ha encantado volver a pasear contigo.
besitos ascension

Country Dreaming a dit…

I want to go!!!!
It all looks soooo fun.

Melinda

Jeri Landers a dit…

I've been an antique collector my whole life, but ah, to visit an antique fair in France, now THAT would be special. How I would love to purchase the Fox with Hare taxidermy! As an artist, I am often on the look out for such things to use as "models". Of course. the dolls are lovely as well.

*Ulrike* a dit…

I remember such dolls from when I was a child. What a visit you had, I would have loved going there!!

Jana a dit…

Hallo.Wundervolle Puppen hast du bestimmt selbst gefertigt.
Liebe Grüße Jana