mercredi 16 juin 2010

Lovely Normandy




I left quite early this morning, my little blue car took me to Rouen! I did my shopping and at the same time, did some tourism. It was a very quite morning , so i could take the pictures i wanted !
You have already seen the " Big clock"
But this time i could come nearer.
This is on the right of the clock.
The court house.
The paved street. Not very easy to walk on!
This is a crooked house, those old houses from medieval ages  are moving.
This is on the side of the house, nothing is straight
It's nice to have lunch outside, but today it was so windy...
This is our Art school. Before it was the place they buried all the people who died from the big epidemies, the plague for example. You can see it on the buildings.
This part of the town is the artistic part.
Antique shops.
Violins makers.
There is a young lady making a violin, we can't see her, but i like the reflection in the window !
I love these old windows...
In fact , i have neverr seen these statues before today, just have to look up !!!
The entrance of one of the churches


Our town-hall.
Statue of Napoleon 1rst.

7 commentaires:

@nne a dit…

Merci pour cette belle ballade a Rouen. J'ai toujours gardé un beau souvenir de cette ville splendide. A bientôt, @nne

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Hello Catherine! What beautiful buildings...I love the old architecture and statues. I saw a crooked building like this one in Windsor near the castle in England...it looked like it was going to fall down! I love it! Maybe one day we'll have lunch with my Sister outside one of these restaurants...I'd like that. Thank you for taking the time to take these photo's for us Catherine. Have a wonderful evening...Maura :)

~*~ saskia ~*~ a dit…

What beautiful facades, Catherine. I have never been to Rouen, not yet ;o)

Have a lovely evening. xx

Catherine a dit…

for Francesca: messages on your mail box. Catherine

Sage a dit…

Bonjour Catherine,
I have been looking at your past posts; beautiful photos in all of them. Love to come and soak the atmosphere avec toi.
Merci
Rita

Joy a dit…

Beautiful buildings, so charming. Thank you for the tour.

Anonyme a dit…

What's Taking place i'm new to this, I stumbled upon
this I've found It absolutely helpful and it has aided me out loads. I'm hoping to give a contribution &
help other users like its aided me. Good job.
Have a look at my page :: instant cash loans