samedi 26 juin 2010

The keys of a Riad


Today it was so hot, that it reminds me of southern countries like Maroco, Tunisia...I have been there and i love their big houses , called "Riads". It is so cool inside, because of the marble and their inner garden.
What about sitting on this sofa.
Or dive in this swimming pool?
Sidi bousaid
Let have some mint tea!
and some orienal pastries.
To see and not to be seen!
the Moucharabieh.


Beautiful silk and velvets....
The Souks, with their smell of spices, its crowd and the heat.
What about a beautiful lamp?
In fact i chose this to come home! and travelled  back home with this cage on my knees...I have always strange ideas!!! have a lovely and sunny week!

11 commentaires:

It's me a dit…

That cage is amazing !!! wow..i like it...did you bought one????..............happy sunny weekend...........love Ria....

Barb a dit…

Hi Catherine,

What wonderful photo's. I would love to spend some time there. I don't blame you for bringing the cage back. It is fantastic!

hugs,
Barb

Beatnheart a dit…

Wow Catherine...what a lovely trip you just took me on. I have never been there but wouldn’t that be grand...I love everything in these photos...glorious!

Country Dreaming a dit…

The couch looks inviting and so does the pool!!
Both would be great to have here in
Kansas--it's very HOT here.
Come see me soon!

Melinda

Eva a dit…

Love the Arabian style. The bird cage is superb Catherine!
Have a nice week :)

Leslie a dit…

I can just smell those spices. Lovely photos

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Hello Catherine! I have just come in from mowing the lawns and pastures...I'm filthy! What beautiful pictures. I have never been to any excotic places such as these but my sister and her husband went to Egypt earlier this year. That pool looks so good right now! I'd love to visit these markets and smell the spices. That cage is beautiful...you'll have to take a picture of it at your home so we can see where you put it. I hope you're having a wonderful Sunday. Take care mom amie....Maura :) (I'm off to the shower!)

BonjourRomance a dit…

Bonjour Catherine,
Such lovely images. Are these your photos? We need to get their secret to staying cool! The swimming pool looks perfect. The cage is a beauty, I've been known to carry back on sorts of things like you!
Safe travels to your son in the States, I lived in Florida!
a bientôt,
Mimi

Rural Revival a dit…

Nothing says relaxation and coolness like a courtyard pool! Oh how I would love one of those. : )

Ingrid a dit…

Your pictures are beautiful, thanks
groetjes Ingrid

*Ulrike* a dit…

What a treasure to bring home! Love all of those photos, just simply amazing. Love the photo with the blue curtains looking out the window, and then the one of the blue gates and that beautiful scroll work design on the gate. I always like taking photos of doors and gates since they are all so unique! Photos like these make you want to paint!!
Have a wonderful day, and hope you feel better soon.
Ulrike