dimanche 6 juin 2010

JUNE 6th Memorial day

Thank you to those young men  who gave their lives to liberate my home land Normandy.
Omaha beach, American cimetery.
British cimetery

Canadian cimetery
Omaha beach, the land of D-Day.

5 commentaires:

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Oh Catherine thank you for posting this...my Dad would have liked it. He didn't land on this particular beach and was a week or so later landing but he was wounded in France. They were SO young and so many of them lost their lives. I am so grateful my father made it home. I hope you have a wonderful day my friend. Maura xx

Madelief a dit…

Dear Catherine,

Thank you indeed! Those young men who liberated Normandy liberated Holland as well. Because of them we can live in freedom. I am still grateful for that!

Wish you a happy new week!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Anita a dit…

Thank you so much for posting this! My grandfather was there on DDay, but he was able to come home after the war. He would be so glad to know someone remembered:-)

brainella a dit…

I am a firm believer that we need to remember and thank all the people who liberated France and all of Europe from the evil that took over.

My father had two friends who stormed the beaches of Normandy. Wonderful men who would never talk about the battles. Thank you for honoring them.

BonjourRomance a dit…

Thanks for this touching post Catherine. So many brave soldiers gave their lives for freedom, we can never forget! Thank you for the reminder.
Mimi