dimanche 6 juin 2010

A guided tour of Monet's garden. GIVERNY


( you may clic on pictures to enlarge)
Today, this will be a long post.  I will bring you to do a guided tour of  Monet's garden! Normandy being the birth place of Impressionism , this  summer is dedicated to it. This Sunday was also  painting day in France. We went to Paris and on our way we stopped at Giverny, at first i was desapointed because it was too late for the peonies and too early for summer flowers. But when we arrived to the  pond all the water lilies were in blossom, it was the first time i saw them! i went to the house, but no pictures allowed ! so i bougth some pictures.
First the rooster of the poultry . As the family did a lot og cooking the poultry provided them all the eggs.
I took some pictures from  upstairs .
This is the view from the bedrooms.
Ilove this one !
Then i went to the other part of the garden, to the pound... and discovered the water lilies in bloom !
I LOVE the  reflection in the water !
There were painter with their straw hat like the impressionists.
This is the part with bamboos.
They tried to make the field represented on one of Monet's paintings.
The old "Café ".
The streets of Giverny , full of flowers!
A private garden.
I hope you enjoyed the visit and that you will have the oppurtuneness  to come one day !
REFLECTIONS

11 commentaires:

Leslie a dit…

wow catherine, thank you for the tour of Monets Garden. The Iris's are stunning.

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Oh Catherine what a wonderful post! Monet's gardens are absolutely beautiful...I would LOVE to paint a picture of them but most especially the water lilies in bloom with the reflections. I can just imagine how beautiful they are in 'person'. The flowers in the village are amazing...this is how I picture France. THANK YOU for taking us along on your visit to Giverny! Take care mon amie...Maura :)

nanny a dit…

Beautiful, beautiful pictures!
Thank you so much for the tour....
I can only hope to someday visit the garden!!! such a dream!

Beatnheart a dit…

Oh my goodness!!! How lovely of you to post my button on your sidebar...aren’t you sweet!!! Thank you so much.... this outing looks just fantastic...lucky, lucky you....

Ingrid a dit…

Thank you for the tour of Monets Garden, the pictures are wonderful
groetjes Ingrid

brainella a dit…

How absolutely gorgeous. Those gardens are stunning, and I see why he would paint and paint there. There are so many places I want to visit in France; I've only ever gotten to Paris.

Pilar a dit…

Catherine ,qué imagenes tan maravillosas!!!!
Nos has acercado más al universo de este maestro del impresionismo al mostrarnos de cerca Giverny ,su residencia durante tantos años.
Imagino lo que tiene que suponer, ver toda esa belleza al natural y sólo espero poder hacerlo algún día en persona.
Muchas gracias por hacernos partícipes de tu viaje.
Un abrazo muy grande ,cuídate mucho y feliz semana.

Madelief a dit…

Dear Catherine,

Thank you for taking us to Giverny. Such a beautiful place. It's just like in Monet's paintings!! All those colours. You came at the right time!

Happy evening!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Margriet a dit…

2 years ago I visted Giverny, it was a dream come true, I wanted to visit Monet's house for many many years!!!! I loved the house and the garden!!! Thank you for bringing back the beautiful memories of that visit!!!

Diane a dit…

Oh my, Catherine. I'd absolutely shed tears if I could go there!
Beautiful isn't enough of a word!
Blessings,
Diane

BonjourRomance a dit…

Bonjour Catherine,
WHat a marvelous post! The Monet Gardens are so lovely. The lily pads are so pretty , your photos are so good. I think you've inspired me to go soon. I hope i can catch th peonies!
Hope you're having a great day,
Mimi