mardi 25 mai 2010

My daughter went to Brittany, this is close to Normandy but they have a Celtic culture and were  she went it is the country of " Bigouden " . The Bigoudens  have a traditional costume ,that some elderly women wear.Brittany is the region of " Crèpes " ( pan cakes and cider).Elderly people and nowadays some young people speek Gaelic in order to preserve it.






Brittany is a beautiful region , they also have Celtic dances and music. Ilet you have a look at the videos! see you soon . Catherine

5 commentaires:

Madelief a dit…

Dear Catherine,

Brittany is a beautiful region indeed. We went to St Malo several times, Dinard and Benodet. So pretty! We still have very good memories of the holidays we spent there.

I hope your daughter will have a good time!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Beatnheart a dit…

how fascinating! hopefully I will be able to go there.

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Hello Catherine! What wonderful videos...the last one was really cute. I wonder if the ladies with the tall hats wear them on windy days! Are the men wearing wooden shoes? I'd love to visit there..it's very different. Thank you for the beautiful ecard..what a nice surprise! Have a wonderful Wednesday.....Maura Hugs!

Pilar a dit…

Qué costumbre tan peculiar ,me recuerda un poco a la peineta española !!!
La Bretaña francesa tiene una costa maravillosa y los bosques son espectaculares ,seguro que tu hija lo va a disfrutar muchísimo porque es un lugar mágico.
Un abrazo muy grande ,cuídate mucho y feliz miércoles.

Anonyme a dit…

I'm not sure exactly why but this blog is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end? I'll check back later
on and see if the problem still exists.

Look into my web-site - click here