mardi 4 mai 2010

In Memory of Hortense our goat



Let me show you the garden decorations we bought  ! a big  butterfly and a mobile with two dragonflies.It was hard to take a picture because it was so windy yesterday!
Yesterday , our friend Hortense  has left , she was 15 years old and her brother left us last year. She was the chief because the oldest. She suddenly lay 
 down and i had to call the vet.
Oscar and Hortense.Good by Hortense!She was very friendly and  was a real companion of our children . She saw them growing  and played a lot with them.
Let me show you the farmyard i had. They are not here anymore , i gave them to a friend because the fox killed some even during the day! the white rooster was "Romeo" and the little one "Tino", name of a famous old singer because he had a "lovely" voice!  there is a pic of the goats when they were babies.
New! photo albums.
These are the links to Maud and my PHOTO ALBUMS , if you want to have a look:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catherineloubeyre/

11 commentaires:

Sylvia a dit…

Catherine,
I'm sorry to hear about Hortense, we both love animals.
At the moment I have 3 hens and they are very old.
You've chosen beautiful garden ornaments !
Nice evening,
Sylvia

Ascension a dit…

Pero bueno, ademas de un precioso jardin, tienes tambien animalitos.
Se ven muy felices, eso es porque los cuidas bien.
Me encantan los adornos de tu jardin
besitos ascension

Madelief a dit…

Dear Catherine,

I am so sorry to hear about your goat Hortense. Was she the last of your farm animals? The pictures of the chickens and your goats look very cheery. So does your mmobile!

See you again in two weeks time!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Hello Catherine, I'm so sorry to hear about your goat Hortense...she lived a good long life with your family and I'm sure she will be greatly missed by you all. THANK YOU for showing us pictures of all the animals you had in the past...I hope you get chickens again. So you had a Romeo...I love that name for a rooster. Our romeo is a real 'lover' and a very friendly bird. He hasn't got an agressive bone in his body! Things may change when we bring in the younger chickens though and one will be a Buff Orpington rooster. We may have to name him Tybalt! What sweet babies your goats were...I bet the children gave them lots of love over the years. Have a wonderful evening...Maura:)

~*~ saskia ~*~ a dit…

I'm sorry to read about Hortense. I know she had a good life when looking at your lovely pictures. Your garden is heaven on earth! You have chosen such beautiful music in the background, Catherine! xx

Flat Creek Farm a dit…

So sorry to hear about your Hortense... very sad! I love the pictures of the goats and chickens. I'm sure you miss your chickens. Your new garden ornaments are wonderful! -Tammy

It's me a dit…

I am so sorry to hear about your goat Hortense..........my dear Catherine !

So sad !!

Your new garden ornaments are wonderful...........

Have a nice evening hugs from Ria

Kom Achterom a dit…

Ooh i'm sorry for Hortense what a pritty name for a lovely friend.
and i'm sorry for your kids how love her.
I wish you a nice week and thanks for your lovely words on my blog
Yolanda

Leslie a dit…

rest in peace little Hortense!!
I'm sorry for your loss.
Hope you have a nice week

Pilar a dit…

Qué pena la pérdida de Hortense!!! cuando un animal nos acompaña tantos años es muy triste ver que de repente deja de estar a nuestro lado ,verdad??se les coge mucho cariño!!!
Lo siento Catherine.
Un abrazo enorme y feliz miércoles ,aquí hace mucho frío y viento ,está horrible!!!

Catherine a dit…

to Pilar: we wear our winter clothes again! it's freezing and there is a lot of wind.I worked in the garden yesterday and it was terrible! have a nice day Besos catherine.( Ihave problems with blogger, i can't put any pictures on my blog)