vendredi 2 avril 2010

Pierre Corneille 's House , in Normandy.

La "maison des champs", Pierre Corneille 's country house. 1608 . He is a well  known French dramatist (1606-1684 ) born in Rouen,  he wrote :  Le Cid, (1656)   "Horace" and " Cinna"(1639) These plays are part of our French litterature courses  during our scholarship. Most of us have in mind a famous monolog of one of his drama. Before , this house had  a very big land around it , but now in fact , it remains just a little piece that you can see on the pictures. He inherited this house from his father , as being the eldest child of  a family of seven.You can see a little medieval garden ,with forgotten vegetables. The little thatch house was the place they baked the bread. The orchard and this beautiful house  which is not far from LA BOUILLE  in my previous post.  This is the first part of " The writers road of Normandy ". Next time, later on , i will show you Victor Hugo's house.




Keep an eye on my blog , there will soon have a giveaway for my birthday!!!

12 commentaires:

Jackie a dit…

Morning
I have never heard of Pierre Corneille but his house is lovely. Is it open to the public as a museum?

I am hoping to visit that area, maybe next year, I would love to meet Maggie from http://normandylife.blogspot.com/ my husband would love to see the war cemeteries and the beach.

I look forward to seeing Victor Hugo's house, I have heard of him!

Jackie in UK.

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Good Morning Catherine! What a lovely home this is but I especially love the little thatched roof building and the gardens. I have never seen a fence like the little stick fence surrounding what looks like herb or vegetable gardens...how sweet! You have so many interesting places to visit where you live...so much history. I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family. Take care. Maura

GardenofDaisies a dit…

What a beautiful home and grounds. The gardens are so lovely. I really like the garden beds with the twig edges.

Julie Harward a dit…

Thanks for the tour and info. very interesting. A lot of European architecture is here in Utah because of people from there migrating here, love it. Come say hi :D (my new post is not showing up on blog lists)

Madelief a dit…

Dear Catherine,

Pierre Corneille did live beautifully!! The house, the orchard, the potager....it does all look so pretty! What a pity I did not knew this when I was in Normandy last year. I would have loved to visit it.

Wish you a Happy Easter with your family!

Lieve groet, Madelief

FRAMBOISINE a dit…

Bonjour Catherine,

Quelle magnifique demeure tu nous présentes-là ... et ce jardin ! Comme dans mes rêves !!!!!!
Merci infiniment pour ces jolies ballades, c'est un grand plaisir de t'accompagner...
Très joyeuses fêtes de Pâques à toi aussi et à tout bientôt.

Gypsy Purple a dit…

I wish you a happy and blessed Easter! xx Gypsy Purple

grammy a dit…

How beautiful (o:
I just came by to say hi to people on my followers list.
Enjoyed looking around here.

It's me a dit…

Beautiful pictures Catherine.i enjoy,......happy easter !! birthday?? give away??.......mmmmmmmmm...have you all ready count in my give away??


Hugs sweetttie.........from me....

Anonyme a dit…

Coucou !!!
Bonnes Fêtes de Pâques ...
"La réponse au concours la semaine prochaine"
A Bientôt ...
Bises ***
Marie-Odile.

Desde my Ventana a dit…

Catherine,beautiful images from a stunning house.I like so mutch "normandie stile" and this house and the garden is a place in which likes to live.
Have a happy easter days,
Cecilia

Janean a dit…

hello! beautiful home and photos of the garden. thank you for taking us along the tour!!!

happy easter.