mardi 27 avril 2010

Blossom in the garden



I hope you had a nice day.These days i have been working outside in the garden.
My little garden is now bigger, i have added one more part.There are three more parts left to do. Today i  did not do any gardening, but...Ironing.Not my favorite but it has to be done.It has been a hot sunny day today, this morning  while i was driving to go shopping, i saw the trees in blossom ,the yellow colza fields. Soon we will have the blue flax fields, here it's the speciality of our region"linen" , i love linen clothes they are  nice to wear in summer.I went to a linen clothes shop today and i saw some beautiful colors! dresses long skirts... Next time i try to get some pictures!
I added a pale yellow honeysuckle.
Before,  i painted all the "claustras" (but you can't see any color, because i wanted them to stay in a light color)
As you can see it is longer now, when i finish, i will sow some grass just in front of the garden.
This is a cherry-tree.Ilove the pink color, but unfortunately it does not stay long in blossom.
We call it " black eyed Suzane"
I hope you enjoyed the little tour of my garden.

16 commentaires:

Desde my ventana a dit…

Beautiful garden Catherine....lucky you!!!
Bonne soirée
Cecilia

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage a dit…

Hello Catherine! I LOVE your garden and that little fence in the front of it...it's beautiful. You've done a lot of work making it bigger but it's worth it for all the beautiful flowers you've added. I wondered if that was flax in the field in one of the pictures you had posted before...I LOVE the blue when it's in bloom! I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures of the linen clothes in that shop...oooo la la!!! Have a wonderful evening my friend....Maura:)

Eva a dit…

I love gardening too but I have only a terrace :(
Anyway, these days I can dedicate hours to my plants and to sunbath.
Your garden looks beuatiful now but I am sure that in few weeks will look spectacular.
Love the cheery trees.
I have email you... ;) THANKS!!
Besos,

Ascension a dit…

Pero que ilusion!!!!!
He visto unas flores que he hecho para mi jardin en miniatura "Susana de los ojos negros".
Parece que hasta aqui llega la olor de ese bello jardin.
besitos ascension

It's me a dit…

I fall in repeat..............BEUATIFUL GARDEN !! you have my dear Catherine....i really enjoy your post when it is over your garden !! yes yes yes !!

Go on babe!! hugs from me .....

~*~ saskia ~*~ a dit…

Oh my oh my, sweet Catherine, today I received your Giveaway box. Thank you so so much for all the splendid treasures! Your lilac frames are so so sweet, still thinking about the perfect spot for these two lovelies. The pretty tags, the gorgeous bag, the baking set, the baking form, everything is really gorgeous. Thank you once again from the bottom of my heart, I'm still smiling ear-to-ear. You keep an eye on your mailbox next week, I will send you a little bit of happiness from the Netherlands to thank you for all your sweetness.

Now about your post, I love cherrie blossom and I love Suzanne, in the Netherlands we call it also 'Anne met de mooie ogen' {Anne with the beautiful eyes}

Wishing you a bon soir et un splendide Mercredi! xxxx

Flat Creek Farm a dit…

What a beautiful garden you have! Love the flowers, and the cherry tree is gorgeous as well. Just lovely! Thank you for sharing. We are in a rainy season again. Sunshine today & tomorrow, then rain for at least four days after that. So weary of wet weather, but I'll enjoy sunshine while we have it! -Tammy

Emmas utsikt a dit…

Oh Catherine, thank you! Here everything is grey and I´m just dying for the tulips to spring out.

:)

Carolyn a dit…

Your garden is coming along well. I especially love the cherry tree!

Carolyn

Katy Noelle a dit…

I've been having so much fun looking around your Monde. Your garden is coming along much faster than mine and is very pretty - I don't even have dirt yet! (BUT, I DO have a stone wall.) I think it is wonderful that you are going to put the electric fence up to keep the baby bunnies safe. They must be bigger by now. Did it work? Are they eating your garden? I know that we must have wild bunnies but I've never seen any. Therefore, I keep my own to cuddle and love. Speaking of, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that series of Beatrix Potter "movies"!!!!

Your pictures of France are beautiful and I love the blue and white sea side post! Perfecto!

The photo of you as a little girl on the phone is precious and brilliant! Sweet and nostalgic and funny! Oh, I really enjoyed the post with the old fashioned gardening pastels. I just enjoyed looking around. We have so much in common. Thank you for spending time with me In The Sunny Spot!

Love, Katy Noelle

Cassandra a dit…

Catherine: How I enjoyed the photos of your garden! I LOVE that little woven fence - that is something special and charming that is not readily avaialable over here in the States...I would have ALL my gardens edged in it! Cassandra ♥

september cottage a dit…

Dear Catherine!

Please have a look on my blog, something there for you..

Have a lovely evening!

Nicola

Pilar a dit…

Catherine ,tu jardín es realmente bello ,te ha quedado precioso y todo el esfuerzo que has puesto en él ,ha merecido la pena ...es hermoso contemplarlo.
Aquí el tiempo es casi veraniego ,una delicia después del invierno tan frío que hemos tenido.
Muchso besos.

Catherine a dit…

to Pilar:did you find my last message? i will live one tonight on my last post!beso

Pilar a dit…

Lo encontré!!! muchas gracias Catherine por dedicarme siempre algún mensaje.
No he pensado nunca en hacer un blog,creo que no dispongo del tiempo necesario para hacerlo,mi niña es pequeñita todavía y quiero dedicarle ese tiempo a ella hasta que crezca,además no sé yo si estaría muy capacitada para hacerlo...quizás con el tiempo!!!Muchas gracias por acordarte de mí!!!
Besos.

Anonyme a dit…

Hiya! I just wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the good info you will have
here on this post. I will be coming again to your weblog for
extra soon.

My page :: cherry creek mall theater