jeudi 25 mars 2010

"Trompe-l'oeil"/ "Faux-fini.


Today , i will show a technique of painting which may inyerest you  ," le trompe- l'oeil" in french. it  may be "Faux- fini " in English. I love this technique, but never did it myself. The best is the lace in " trompe- l'oeil",( i will try to find some.)
Now i have an important thing to ask you:


You know this guy! Romain, this my son! he is going to Washington DC ,this summer to do some research at Georges Washington university this coming summer. I am looking for accomodation for him during his stay in a family as a paying guest (2 month) if you have relatives , or if you know somebody intersted; please contact me on my blog or e-mail.I forgot, he is studying law and will be most of the time at university. Thank you for your help!(he is 22)

10 commentaires:

maurakeith a dit…

Hello Catherine,

I LOVE le Trompe-l'oeil....we call it the same here and also faux painting! I would love to do a cupboard with chickens behind chicken wire but I'd have to do a lot of practicing before I would dare start on a piece of furniture. I hope you get some helpful responses to your request for housing for Romain...I'm sure someone out there will have information that you can use. Good luck! I hope you have a wonderful day. Mauraxx

Pilar a dit…

Esta técnica es realmente bonita pero no me atrevería con ella jamás....hay que ser un artista para conseguir ese resultado.
Parece como si estuvieses viendo una pieza en 3D ,verdad?? el acabado es maravilloso.
Siento no poder ayudarte en lo referente a tu hijo pero en Washington no conozco a nadie ,ojalá encuentres pronto una familia de acogida para Romain y pueda instalarse cómodamente cerca de la universidad.
Un abrazo enorme y feliz jueves.

Sage a dit…

Everything you showed us is just beautiful; thank you for sharing!
Hope you find something for Romain. What an exciting time this will be for him.; great post.
Rita

It's me a dit…

Hello Catherine

oWWW.........I like the cabinet with the rabbits.......

So nice these technique of painting .......

Have a nice evening sweet springgreetings from me............

Madelief a dit…

Dear Catherine,

What a handsome and clever son you have. I hope he will find a place to stay!

Lieve groet, Madelief

La Maison en Wonderboom a dit…

Im sorry, but I have no relatives in Washington DC.

I like your trompe l'oeil with the garlic.

Have a nice friday

Hermine

Ingrid a dit…

Votre blog est vraiment jolie
groetjes Ingrid

Country Dreaming a dit…

What a great opportunity for him.
I don't know of anyone out there but I'm sure that someone else can help.

Good Luck!

Melinda

Sylvia a dit…

Beautiful pictures of this technique of painting ! I love the rabbits.
I do hope you find a family to stay with for your son.
Have a nice weekend,
Sylvia

from my front porch... a dit…

Everything is so beautiful! Like a feast for your eyes :)
Your blog is like a little piece of heaven, Catherine!

I hope your son finds a good place to stay! Keep us updated on his summer! He is quite handsome, too!
xo, misha