samedi 27 mars 2010

Shopping in Rouen!

Today , i went to Rouen  with Maud to do some shopping. Let me show you my finds.
First a book about salted and sugared cookies. I have never tried salted cookies yet, i will give you the recipes i will try;



Then another book about cupcakes!
A wooden spoon with chocolate and amaretto macaroons. The little bottle is amaretto liqueur to put in your coffee with the chocolate and macaroons!!! hum!
We had lunch in a liitle restaurant called ' la p'tite bouf ', i had curry  pasta and cherry pistachio crumble.
i will try different  sorts of brownies!
Some  vintage  material!
Some  easter  cookies shapes. So you know what i am going to do next week ' BAKE "!

12 commentaires:

Ascension a dit…

Uhmmmmmmmm...ñam...ñam....ñam.
La proxima semana, no me pierdo visitar tu blog.
Seguro que te salen deliciosos.
besitos ascension

Flat Creek Farm a dit…

What great finds, Catherine! You have such wonderful places to shop. Can't wait to see those Easter cookies. I've missed my blogging friends, and it's good to be back! -Tammy

Eva a dit…

I can not wait to see your cupcakes and brownies....it is a pity not live close to you...It will be great to taste them ;)
Have a nice weekend my dear

Annalisa a dit…

What a lovely post!Unfortunately my daughters have school and university on saturday, but went to shopping with my eldest daughter on friday, which is her free day..I take it , you had a very lovely day!
Have a wonderful weekend Catherine,
Annalisa

september cottage a dit…

Hello Catherine!

What a lovely place to shop...and some great finds! Sounds like a great Saturday out! Enjoy your new books, they look interesting!

I have made savoury cookies in the past and I am great fan - great with an aperitif!

Have a lovely Sunday!

Nicola

Desde my Ventana a dit…

Un jour merveilleux d'achats Catherine, on attend pour voir tes sucreries de Pâque,
Bon dimanche,
Cecilia

maura a dit…

Hello Catherine! Oh my that wooden spoon with the chocolate and Amaretto looks delicious! Same with the salty and sweet cookies...I'm really looking forward to see what you bake this week. I love the architecture in Rouen..just beautiful. What will you do with your vintage material? I hope you have a wonderful Sunday...take care. MauraXX

Country Dreaming a dit…

Looks like you two had a good day.
Those books look like fun too.
Cute cookie cutters.

Happy Sunday.

Melinda

Bleudelavande a dit…

Ooohhh, such wonderful pictures! Tank you for sharing!!! I can't wait to see your next post!!!!
Have a nice sunday my friend

Beatnheart a dit…

What a beautiful town...perhaps someday....Your day out looks like such a great time. Yes, please give recipies for salty cookies sounds so interesting..Have a beautiful Sunday. cynthia

Madelief a dit…

Hi Catherine,

What a beautiful town Rouen is. We were nearby when we had our holiday in Normandy last year. A pity we did not visit! I am glad you had a nice day out.

You have quite a collection of baking books. I am looking forward to seeing some of the things you made. Like you I enjoy baking very much as well.

Have a wonderful week!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Sage a dit…

Quelle belle aventure! Love all those beautiful pictures you posted. Rouen seems like such a nice place. Have wonderful baking Easter Week!
Rita