jeudi 18 mars 2010

Quietness ( Bec Héllouin) Part 2






Last Sunday i went to visit an abbey and put some pictures of it on my blog. this morning i had a look at some old magazines " Coté Ouest" and i found some pictures of the pottery they are making.They have a simple life  of meditation in a beautiful countryside.When i was at boarding school we used to go and live in a small pension which belonged to nuns , near an abbey  before our exams , have a time of study and quietness!
They use beautiful colors for their pottery

I like to get up early in the morning to  see the dew on the grass , cut some roses in the garden
Well what i want ,  is just is to lead a life of simplicity.

The abbey is located in this beautiful village .
Have anice day!

15 commentaires:

~*~ saskia ~*~ a dit…

I adore everything about your visit at this lovely abbey! Hope you are having a wonderful week, Catherine.

Desde my Ventana a dit…

Tout semble si relâchant et délicieux... C'est Vraiment un lieu paisible et très beau. Tu as de la chance de l'avoir si près.
Bonne journée Catherine,
Cecilia

The Hausfrau a dit…

So very beautiful--I would like to visit!

It's me a dit…

Hi Catherine

What a beautiful place to be...........i enjoy all of your pictures.............have a good time in the garden !! i enjoy the sun to it is shining here today !!

hugs Ria

Celestial Charms a dit…

I really appreciate the architecture of that lovely village. I love the pottery and yes, the simple life is best.
Maureen

Sage a dit…

What beautiful picures; yes it really gives you a sense of peace and quiet; the good life. Love those carrots; great display.
Rita

Beatnheart a dit…

As usual Catherine a beautiful post with lovely photograps..A simple life is good. No complications! I know I create a lot of my own sometimes..Not a wise thing to do and one of the things I need to work on.
Bonne Journee ! Cynthia

Pilar a dit…

Preciosas y sencillas imágenes!!....me encanta la paz que transmiten,una quietud que lo inunda todo y nos hace reflexionar sobre el camino por el que conducimos nuestra vida.
Realmente no nos damos cuenta de lo poco que necesitamos para ser felices!!!
Un abrazo enorme Catherine y feliz jueves.

Madelief a dit…

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog! I am glad to be back too. What a beautiful abbey you visited. I like the pottery they make too. It's very simple, but I like the colours and shapes. I used your notebook (the one from your giveaway) to make my garden notes in. I am very happy with it!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Julie Harward a dit…

I wish I could go there! And those fresh garden carrots look so good to me! :D

Sylvia a dit…

Beautiful pictures !
And nice pottery.
Have a nice evening,
Sylvia

maurakeith a dit…

Hello Catherine! Oh this is lovely...what a peaceful place and I LOVE the colours of the pottery. Such a beautiful village. One day if I ever get back to visit my sister in England I would like to get back to France. Paris is beautiful but this time I'd like to see the country and some of the smaller villages like the one you show here. Thank you again for taking us on a wonderful journey with you. I hope you have a wonderful Friday...and that everything is coming together nicely for Romain. Take care.
Maura

Carol............. a dit…

I really enjoyed your pictures...what fun it would be to visit.

Barb a dit…

Hi Catherine,

I have to say that you have the most beautiful photo's. That village is stunning and looks so peaceful.

Big hugs,
Barb

Eva a dit…

I love those houses!!! I want to cpy one for my English pub project one of these days (in miniature of course!) ;)
Have a nice weekend my dear
Un beso