vendredi 12 mars 2010

Painted furniture


One of my hobby is , painting some old furniture. It is cheap and you have the pleasure to create something new in your house decoration.It 's sometimes a hard job preparing the furniture , but it's worth it. Some of ther pieces i have done.( they were dark brown before)
This is a typical Normand furniture, it was given to the young married woman , full of household linen as a dowry.
Now some example of before and after
I wish you a good day! As i see you are interested, i will put some more examples and give you some collage and painted decorations ideas.








This is the kind of decoration i do on furniture, but i will show you some more.The idea of the chess of drawers is from Jane Churchill.
This is what i did on a table.(clck to enlarge if you want to read the instructions)
Next week if i have time i will paint a little piece of furniture to show you the different stages of painting. i chose some examples of  painted decorations.

20 commentaires:

Itch2stitch.com a dit…

Oh you have really inspired me. I have some very dark (awful) fitted wardrobes in my bedroom, and I have been wondering about painting them as my bedroom is quite cottagey, and I wondered how they would look in cream. Now Having seen your wonderful creativity and the changes you have brought about, I think I will give it a go! Suzie xxx

Isobel a dit…

Hi Catherine! I love all of those. I have great fun painting too and yours are truly inspiring!
Well done!
xx

PRETTY IN PARIS a dit…

What a great idea and exactly something I will be planning for my son's room!
He wants to change things around so we will be having fun while keeping on a budget.
Have a nice day Catherine!

Dream ChYmEc!nDy** a dit…

Nice furniture. I like all of them

KATHY a dit…

Hi catherine, you did a beautiful job painting.I love all your pieces.....Kathy

Ascension a dit…

Te han quedado geniales!!!
Que diferencia el antes y el despues, has conseguido que parezcan muebles diferentes y nuevos.
Las indicaciones me van de maravilla para tunear los muebles en miniatura.
Muchas gracias, eres un pozo de sabiduria, cada dia se parende algo contigo.´besitos ascension

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) a dit…

They are just gorgeous~ I love what you have done and I wish I could read the instructions too! Great ideas!
Cindy

It's me a dit…

O now Catherine,i am to lazy for this sorry!!

I enjoy all the work you have done,but i by a cabinet who is finnished......sorry!!


Have a great weekend hugs Ria

louli a dit…

Bonjour Catherine, je ne connaissais pas ton blog et bien c'est chose faite !! Moi qui traine depuis des mois et des mois pour refaire un bahut ayant appartenu à mes grand-parents, tu m'encourages avec tes avant-après...Merci et à bientôt

Bleudelavande a dit…

Hi Catherine, you did a very nice painting work! I love all them! Tank you for inspiring me!
Have a nice weekend

Julie Harward a dit…

I LOVE the tall blue cabinet with the chicken wire so much! I think a lot of people are painting furniture now a lot more than they used to.
Now you've got me here...come say hi ;D

Pilar a dit…

Qué habilidosa eres Catherine!!...yo no soy capaz de hacer algo así aunque lea las instrucciones cien veces.
Admiro mucho a la gente que es capaz de transformar y crear algo tan bonito;verdaderamente eres una artista....me ha encantado lo que haces.
Un abrazo enorme y feliz fin de semana.

Sage a dit…

What beautiful creations! Many years ago I painted an old armoire and it came our so nice; I was proud, but it is a lot of work. Great post!
Rita

Mom's Coffee Time a dit…

Beautiful! Beautiful!

maurakeith a dit…

Hello Catherine! You are MUCH braver than I am when it comes to painting furniture. I have some pieces that I have thought about painting but I love the wood grain..then I worry that one day I will wish that I hadn't done it. I'm a coward! I love your cupboard...you did a lovely job. Maybe after reading your post here today I will get brave and start with something small. If I do I will post a picture! Have a wonderful weekend...take care..Maura

La Maison en Wonderboom a dit…

Hello Catharine,

I love your work and the furniture
looks a much better.
You have had a lot of work with is but the result is great.

Have a nice weekend,

Hermine

Pétales de fées a dit…

Hello Catherine,
je découvre ton blog grâce à Coeur de framboise et j'en suis ravie!
J'adore l'armoire normande et la bonnetière bleue!
Superbes!
Bon week end à toi et à bientôt

Country Dreaming a dit…

Wow--those are great. Looks like you have been a busy one.
Have a terrific weekend!

Melinda

Eva a dit…

Thanks for all those ideas...I love the painted furniture too.
I have done some...and with stencil too.
It is one of favourite hobbies (before miniatures ;) )
Have a great weekend my dear.

Hélène Flont a dit…

Bonjour Catherine, merci beaucoup à vous d'avoir rejoint l'atelier Flont. J'aime beaucoup votre blog: quel travail et quel rendu, ce meuble patiné blanc (la petite armoire a ma préférence). Je regarde mes boiseries un peu foncées et un peu tristes et je crois qu'ils ne vont pas tarder à subir une patine gustavienne!!! Bien à vous. Hélène Flont.