mardi 23 mars 2010

My first car!



Do you remember your first car? mine was unforgettable! it was  a 2CV , it was my student car. On the parking of our university there was a certain number of these cheap cars, full of bumps everywhere as  it was quite hard to drive!  you needed big muscles to turn the stiring wheel, which was huge. you could not open the windows at the back and at the front they stayed open if the magnet which maintained them open worked!  i remember it was closing itself each time  there was a bump on the road. But you could open the roof !  each summer i was getting sunburnt , but at the end we got sun tanned! it was in the seventies  and  we  did not  care about the sun damaging your skin!  My car looked like a big insect , with it's big eyes. It was NOT confortable, but i loved it!  Well, not in the winter; because when it was wet ....you had to push these cars before  they  decide to start!
Doesn't she look cute! the roof was in a sort of waterproof material , you had to roll it to  open. There was no thieves in the seventies, well you had better not leave anything inside .the engine was so noisy , that we used "walkman" as we used to call them here to listen to music ,which was quite dangerous, but we were young!!!

8 commentaires:

@nne a dit…

Hmm, vive les premières voitures. La mienne était une mini cooper! Amicalement, @nne

Pilar a dit…

Qué recuerdos ,Catherine!!....la universidad queda ya tan lejana,qué tiempos tan felices y divertidos!!Me gusta mucho tu primer coche,...el mío fue un Renault 19 ,y la verdad me dio mucha pena cuando lo vendí porque me acompañó en muchas aventuras.
Un besote enorme y feliz martes.

maurakeith a dit…

I've seen these cars in Canada!!...such a sweet car for your first one. I bet any car you owned after that one would seem a luxury! Imagine your windows closing when you hit a bump...that's hilarious! No we sure didn't worry about sun damage to our skin back then did we..boy have times changed! I hope you have a wonderful afternoon Catherine! Take care. MauraXX

Beatnheart a dit…

I love these cars!! I always wanted one of them!! English husband almost got me one when I went to England to be with him..Maroon and black..Almost!! Do you still have it that you are able to take a photo?? Lots of Luv, Cynthia

Roberta a dit…

iT WAS A FANTASTIC CAR!!!
I HAD A FIAT 500 ( THE OLD ONE, NOT THE NEW ONE). IT WAS SO LITTLE, LIKE A MINIATURE!!!!
HUG
ROBERTA

Country Dreaming a dit…

Never seen 0ne of the but does remind me of a Volkswagon here in the states.
Good memories for you.

Melinda

Sage a dit…

I remember fondly my first car;it served us well; it was the best; it was a Bug...the Volkswagon.
Rita

Jackie a dit…

Hi

My first husband and I had a rhubarb and custard CV6 and we had great fun in it. We had a box made specially to fit on the back to take all our camping gear etc... I will have to see if I still have any photographs in the loft.

Phil, my husband now, has a Smart car and that is good fun too. We have been in a smartie tube, which is a convoy of Smart cars from London to Brighton. Jackie in UK