dimanche 14 mars 2010

Bec Héllouin Abbey.

Bec- Hellouin  abbey was founded in 1034.( click on picture to enlarge)
This was a big church before the révolution!
He must have seen the revolution
this little river goes under the buildings
They have a shop where you can buy the pottery they make , some jam (i bought some lemon jam) home made biscuits and books. It was a cold day...i don't know when spring is coming?  Have a wonderful week!

8 commentaires:

~*~ saskia ~*~ a dit…

Beautiful pictures, Catherine! i just love your country! Have a wonderful week too! xo

It's me a dit…

I enjoy all these pictures............beautiful !!


Enjoy your week greetz and hugs Ria

maurakeith a dit…

Love the pictures Catherine. It would be interesting to know how old that tree is..imagine the stories it could tell! Mmmm biscuits and jam ....sounds good to me. I hope you had a good weekend and that you were able to get things figured out for Romain. Have a wonderful week! MauraXX

Pilar a dit…

Preciosas imágenes ,Catherine!!!...al contemplarlas transmiten sosiego y recogimiento.
Supongo que sus paredes y todo el entorno encierran muchos años de historia...quién pudiera oir su eco!
Un abrazo enorme y feliz semana.

Emmas utsikt a dit…

I really enjoy your guidings around you beautiful country!

:)

From the Kitchen a dit…

Thank you for a lovely "visit" this morning. Your photographs are amazing and I found myself immersed in them.

Best,
Bonnie

Leslie a dit…

Those pictures are beautiful, I feel like I have just come from a field trip. Thank you for the tour ~ I had fun.

Celestial Charms a dit…

Beautiful photos. Looks like a lovely place to stroll around and spend time. Lovely.
Maureen