jeudi 25 février 2010

Japanese Bath



A long time ago ...thirty years, I went to Japan. There I was surprised by the custom of the Bath! The bathroom is generaly tiny , with a bath very hot 40°C and more  with a wooden board over it to keep the water warm. Because you have to take a shower before you go in the bath . Once I went to Kyoto and stayed in a typical Japanese hotel and there was a collective women bath ,  I took this Japanese bath , but it was too hot for me , i was  not use to it. ( i show you a typical bath)



This is my second bathroom , where i created a meditation corner!!!


This little statue comes from Kamakura . I show you the real one...
These are my " old " pictures.I love this statue , it's so big  and impressive.
Now dream -bathrooms.

8 commentaires:

Julie Harward a dit…

I love your dream bathrooms! I would not like to bath with everyone! I have a claw foot tub, I am headed there right now! :D

It's me a dit…

Enjoy relaxing in your bathroom !!

Hugs from Ria

Frenchy chick a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.
Frenchy chick a dit…

I want a bath now. We just had a snow storm and i am freezing!!!
I would love to go to Japan! Love other cultures.
www.lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

Country Dreaming a dit…

I'll take the second to the last one please!

Have a great Friday!

Melinda

maurakeith a dit…

I love the meditation corner you made in your bathroom Catherine...what a wonderful place to relax. You have certainly travelled to a lot of countries...thank you for sharing with us! I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow. Maura

Itch2stitch.com a dit…

I love your meditation corner! I used to have one at my last house, but haven't got one here yet! Lovely bathrooms! Suzie. xxx

The Hausfrau a dit…

I love bathtubs! That "tub with a view" is incredible! I really like the Japanese bathroom with all the wood accents, too--these days, plastic has taken over many Japanese bathing areas.

The bathing ritual was one of our favorite things about living in Japan. And showering before soaking really makes sense, even if the bath water isn't being shared.