vendredi 19 février 2010

Grannies gardens


This is a little garden , closed by walls . On one side there  is the vegetable garden at the back and at the front of the house the flower garden, full of little plants an common flowers  and also forgotten vegetables and flowers. There are hidden places full of rooting plants in pots under the shed of an apple tree. The apples and other fruits such as gooseberries, strawberries will make some delicious tarts and jams or syrups.
This liitle plant is in my garden given by my mother, she does not concieve a garden without "les coeurs de Marie " , they can be white, pink , or red.They disapear during the winter and roots again in spring.
everybody had to work hard in the garden to grow all the vegetables they needed.
The vegetable garden and garden shed ,where strategical places.
The scarecrow was the king of the garden.
The water came from the well.
The bees were at the back of the vegetable garden against a wall, you could hear them during the hot summer days.
Here and there watercans were ready waiting for the evening to water the plants.
A french  counting rhyme "Savez- vous plantez les choux " do you know how to grow cabbage!
Flowers of the summer are drying to make bunches during the winter.In a shed or in the attic to keep their colors.
In a little corner of the garden ,  under the shade of the trees, the rabbits and hen house.


I like to collect the eggs everyday , it reminds me of Easter when children look for chocolate eggs in the garden.
At the end of the day , they gathered round the table eating the fruit and vegetables of their garden with a bottle of cider , made from their apple trees.These pictures are taken from this little precious book:
I hope you will have a nice weekend!
My garden.

20 commentaires:

Catherine a dit…

TO Pilar: good weekend! besos Catherine

Pilar a dit…

Oh ,Catherine, muchísimas gracias por tus comentarios!!!
Me encantan las imágenes que has puesto ,son muy enternecedoras.
Tienes un jardín precioso ,imagino que la primavera lo llenará de diferentes colores y olores ,debe ser maravilloso abrir las ventanas por la mañana y verlo ,verdad??
Yo también te deseo un feliz fin de semana.
Un abrazo enorme

Annalisa a dit…

What a wonderful garden you have Catherine!
Thank you for sharing
Have a lovely weekend
Hugs,Annalisa.

Itch2stitch.com a dit…

Absolutely beautiful garden! What a lovely post, with inviting pictures too, loved visiting ! suzie. xxx

It's me a dit…

Wowww....what a wonderful garden catharine!!

I like it very much....beautiful pictures have a good weekend..........greetz Ria

Aunt Amelia's Attic a dit…

What a lovely little book, this must be!

Carolyn a dit…

Nice post-I love you garden too!

Carolyn

Mom's Coffee Time a dit…

Hello there! What lovely pictures you always have on here! I just love visiting your site!! Have a lovely weekend!! Blessings!! ~Amy

from my front porch... a dit…

Oh, Catherine, you have the most beautiful garden :) Just lovely...
Thank you for the peek into all the pages of that sweet book. You have the most beautiful site!
xo, misha

Roberta a dit…

You are a very lucky girl, you have a piece of paradise!!!
Have a good day
Roberta

Eva a dit…

I wish I had a garden like yours...
Happy Saturday Catherine ;)

Country Dreaming a dit…

We will be gearing up for "garden time " here soon.
Our garden is on the west side of our house and we will be expanding it this year!! There is nothing like home grown goodies to eat.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Melinda

Sylvia a dit…

Beautiful pictures, Catherine !
That seems a very interesting book,
is it only in French ?
Have a nice weekend,
Sylvia

Flat Creek Farm a dit…

What a nice little book! I could just sit and look at the photos forever. Thanks for this lovely glimpse into Spring - I needed it :) Also, "les coeurs de Marie " plant looks much like a plant my mother always had that we call "Bleeding Heart" (I think?). I tried to grow it once, but didn't have any luck. Have a lovely weekend! -Tammy

Madelief a dit…

Hi Catherine,

I enjoyed your garden photo's very much. It won't be long now....Your own garden is beautiful too. I see you like pastels and blues!

The family photo's are lovely. That's how I want to sit in my garden as well, with my family around me, good food on the table and a glass of wine!!

Have a lovely weekend!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Julie Harward a dit…

Yes, you are entered...I love your blog and will follow! :D

Emmas utsikt a dit…

Catherine,

thank you for your kind words and thank you for your lovely gardenpictures. I love gardening and you just made me smile and long for springtime.

hugs,
Emma

Leslie a dit…

beautiful pictures ~ I am longing for summer!!! Can't wait!!

Bleudelavande a dit…

Ooohhh Catherine, what wonderful post you made!!!! I love all the pictures, so sweet, so beautiful!!
Have a nice weekend

The Hausfrau a dit…

Love the book and love your garden!